Advice please

blueearthling

Hello all, seems like a very informative site so I thought i'd join up.

I used to shoot air rifles when I was a lad and recently had a play with my mates rifle and got the bug again.

Anyway, I want to buy a rifle that is good for shooting wood pigeons and rabbbits. I want the best quality I can get but would like value for money. I have a budget of around £400 but I would also need to get decent scope and possibly a silencer?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Earthling

Hello all, seems like a very informative site so I thought i'd join up.

I used to shoot air rifles when I was a lad and recently had a play with my mates rifle and got the bug again.

Anyway, I want to buy a rifle that is good for shooting wood pigeons and rabbbits. I want the best quality I can get but would like value for money. I have a budget of around £400 but I would also need to get decent scope and possibly a silencer?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Earthling

Bulletboy, his budget is AROUND £400 for the gun - plus needing decent scope etc so my offer isnt so unrealistic now is it :lol:

:good: Blue I charge mine with a 12lt divers bottle I got off ebay for £87 , then I had to buy the gauge "A clamp fitting" £50 from a gun shop , £3 to charge the bottle back up , Hope this helps :) , I get around 77 shots before my HW 100 needs to be refilled back up to 200bar, :good:

why not go for a qaulity springer, like a HW97 or HW77 HW80 or a TX200 good well made rifles and pretty good out of the box, also no seals to wear (only washers but can be replaced for about £3 without taking the rifle to a gunsmith), no charging equipment, no worry about filling before you go out, just take the rifle and pellets and you are good to go.

I have had pre-charged rifles, springers and pump up, out of all of them i did like the BSA super 10, for shots, but the HW77K i had after i tuned it was balls on dead accurate, and had just as much appeal as the BSA PCP, if not more.

don't forget that if you are going to stalk your qaurry you need a budget fir the correct clothing ect.

decide what would be the best for you, i could name 20 great rifles but if it isn't suitable for what you are doing then it isn't the best rifle for you, also think about scopes there are so many choices, also another set of choices if you are going to go night shooting, lamps, night vision equipment.

best thing to do is to try a few rifles, or go look at several popular ones at a local gunshop, try to stick to a budget though it's easy to go over budget.

hope this helps

Edited by evilstoat

I am looking to sell my AirArms S400 classic it's got a deben tilting adjustable bipod that cost £69,also got studs fitted,so will come with a sling,i have only just bought a new scope,so won't sell that,you'll have to sort that out.This is very accurate with RWS hollow points,i'm giving the bunnies no chance at the moment.Reason for selling is i just want to change to a carbine multishot.if your interested we'll have a chat cheers Rich.

Ive owned no end of pcp's but have gone back to springers which are cheaper with no need for a divers bottle etc. My springer is a s/h hw97k in mans calibre .22 :good: Ive already shot 50+ rats with it in the month or so ive owned it and it only cost £160. There are many good springers out there for £200 or less :)

I'm still having trouble working this out!

I think i'm going to stretch the budget and go for for an AA pro sport. Do you think this is a good idea? Should I go fro .22 or .177?

Can someone recommend scope/mounts and pellets for this rifle? Apart from a case, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks for your help,

Earthling.

The AA Prosport is a lovely springer.If you go for this then my advice is to get a .177 which will be good for Hunting and Target shooting(although others might differ).Some rifles are pellet fussy so you`ll need to try out different types to find which pellets suit your rifle.Scopes again can depend on your budget as there are some cheap to expensive ones on the market.Bushnell,Nikko Sterling,AGS and Simmons are good scopes as well.ATB. :yes: