anybody from sunny old devon

BaikalsRule90

Hello fellow West Country Shots! Im from just outside Exeter. I do shoot on three pheasant shoots, one is our syndicate, the other two mini drive/ walk up shoots around my Grandads old farm and neighbouring area. I do alot of crow/ rook shooting for farmers, and pigeon when they are about, plus rabbit lamping. Im also a member of Crediton Gun Club and shoot clays there.

Shot there for the first time sat before last but my brother shoots there mainly + I know Derek.C. the president etc.

You a regular there then mate?

Well Derek C is one of my dads best friends and also was our gamekeeper til last year, now his son is. Dad shot there throughout the 70s and 80s when the Club first started, and Ive shot there for four years or more. I know all of the main Shots out there, most of them are members of our pheasant shooting syndicate. I missed the first shoot this year as I was out rook shooting, shot 68 and 3 pigeons so wasnt too bad missing some clay shooting!

Cool well me brother (Neil) and Dad both shoot in his pheasant syndicate so the world is small lol and i dare say we have seen 1 another around.Neil shoots Crediton gun club.

Derek comes out on our small fun shoot days after pheasants etc which is how i know him more.

Oh Christ yeah I know Neil and your dad! I didnt realise he had a brother though. Well Im sure I will see you Saturday then. Your right, talk about a small world. Mention my Dad is Stuart from Kennerleigh Shoot and I'm his eldest son Mark and Neil will introduce us out to you

LOL yup its a small world.

Yeah i tend to go wildfowling/duck shooting on the saturday mornings else no doubt i would be in the syndicate to..We all love the shooting.

Hopefully see you saturday.Prob become more of a regular if the sporting stands are good.Dont tend to shoot the DTL to much as i find it makes me a lazy shot and my sporting suffers with it after.

• 3 weeks later...
hey bud, cheers for the positive words... should hear about interview results in the week sometime

we have only one permission up near ivybridge but hopefully will hot up in the summer months.

im in Eggbuckland. :hmm:

where abouts do you shoot?

Ah, you going for an apprenticeship eh?

Somerset really, but just a stone's throw from Devon (I fish near Budleigh a fair bit)...

Just inside Exmoor, near Minehead. Looking for first permissions, so not an active shooter yet, other than .22 rimfire at the local club.

Pippa