day on the beans

turbo33

Had a good day on drilled beans today. Perfect day weather wise. Very strong breeze and cloudy/sunny. This was a new venue for me (see other post) so was not familiar with the flight lines etc. Picked a spot that seemed to be reasonably active and set out 16 flocked shells. Unfortunately the wind was coming at me and the birds approaching from behind on the very high winds and were they fast!! I had to make several changes in the pattern, moving it further out each time to stop the birds overshooting and either carrying on or landing well out of shot.

Anyway, a great day, and as they say, should have hit more but ended the day on 44. What was interesting was a Sparrow Hawk wouldn't leave the decoys alone and five times I had to scare it off. I re-painted the white neck flashes on the decoys

a couple of days ago with matt emulsion paint, 2 coats as the first seem to get absorbed. I have to say they looked really good so did the Hawk!!!!

Nice bag there mate i've just picked up a load of new pemission with a mate.

We had a couple of hours on the drilled beans yesterday just to get an idea of flight lines etc only managed 6 between us no where near as many as yourself with very simular conditions as well wind in to our faces and the birds dropping in very fast !!!

Great shooting chap :good: