Pigeon shooting in Kent

same here,me and another mate who are newish to this sport are looking for the kent area to shoot,we live near Charing/ashford,i've contacted local farmers,but it's the same reply"already got people" I don't blame them as I expect they get it all the time but i've never hear any guns mind you,and i've placed several adverts in local village notice boards with no reply,i can shoot on wednesdays if that helps.

thanks CZ,all i have is a nice Browning,lots of cartridges,patience and a willingness to learn.I've been clay shooting about 5 times and had a lesson,i did go shooting with a friend on some land he has permission on, but i just observed,as I didn't want to shoot anything that didn't present itself where i felt it was in range,and i didn't want to go all John Wayne on my mate.I like just walking about anyway so I really enjoyed the experience and want to do more.

my clay scores are about 30~35%,not good,but in my favour they tend to be on each trap so no real total missing,and my friend has also invited me back, I think he was pleased that I'm not having to high an expectation,especially when just walking about,most quarry spots you first, i propably would have been willing to hold up and wait for the rabbits and pigeons to return but i followed his lead,i'd give decoying a go happily,but i'll try it on a wednesday as that's my day off and apart from walking my pointer the days my own.