12 bore side by side sidelock ejector

markw

somerton guns

12bore side by side sidelock ejector and by it does eject lovely looking gun couple of scratch marks on barrell but other than that in very good condition and identical to a aya no 2 apparently.

Barrell length 27 1/2" choked 1/4 and 1/2 stock measures 16 1/2" from receiver face to end of stock offers invited around £250

more pics if req'd

all rfd and courier costs are bourne by the buyer

post-7-1112867202.jpg

Edited by markw

i have too many guns/rifles is the reason i am selling it and the wife won't allow another cabinet bolted to the wall as she thinks /knows i will fill that as well so one has to go .

i have only used this when out on pheasant shoots lovely game gun which needs a good home

mark

post-7-1112870176.jpg

Gorgeous, unless I'm missing something it looks a steal at that price. Good luck selling her! I have to clear out a couple of airifles to make space in my cabinet as well :ernyha: .. knew I should have bought a 6 gun cabinet 5 years ago :lol::ernyha:

blinking heck what a response i have had about this gun

lots of offers and people advising me to get it valued

as it may be worth more than i think

all i wanted to do was to make some space in my cabinet

in all honesty i paid £400 for this gun and i have used it for 1 seasons pheasant shooting approx 4 x 100 bird days not a lot of shooting really

due to the amount of offers i have had which now go above £300 i think i should just put a figure down of £350 and first come first served

anyone is quite welcome to come and view

those who have contacted me saying they are local maybe someone would like to come and just give there opinion of the gun to satisfy other interested parties on the board obviously sgc holders only

mark

right after a bit of checking times of posts emails and pm's etc

ishapoor seems to be at the top of the list

so sold to ishapoor pending usual

etc

ishapoor pm sent to you mate

and thanks to all what an interesting day

mark

I’ve never seen anything like this. A gun is advertised for £250 and everyone who doesn’t want to buy it starts putting the price up for those who do. :ernyha:

Admittedly the gun did look like it was worth more than the price wanted, but how many people love to drop onto a bargain now and then. :ernyha:

Come on lads, if someone offers a gun for a set price and you aren’t interested yourself, leave it for those who are interested to work out the price.

Blimey, if you were thinking of buying a nice little runabout and some “Busybody” stuck their nose in and started bumping the price up, I don’t think that you would be too pleased would you. :lol:

G.M.

No I didn’t want to buy it myself (too skint at the moment) ;)

I expect a man to do what he said he would do.

Not change his mind because it easier

Be responsible for your decisions and truthfull

This has nothing to do with sour grapes.

I contacted Rules the gun makers at somerton they confirmed the somerton guns were substandard guns manufactured in spain and engraved up to look good and then sold on the UK market

He advised me not to buy one as they are prone to break down and then are very expensive to repair.

:lol::ernyha::ernyha:;);):D

This is a common problem on this site when trying to sell something, and I have been guilty of it myself in the past... We all tend to make posts about items and enquire about items we have neither the money to buy or the intention of doing so.

I suggest that this particular section of the Forum would be more efficient if vendors and prospective purchasers communicated by PM or personal email once the advertisment had been posted up....

we wouldnt have to suffer the " ooh what a loverly gun I would buy it if I didnt have 26 others in the cabinet " syndrome... There is nothing worse than tyre kickers !!!

Just my two penneth for what its worth.

FM.

bloody hell :ernyha::ernyha:;);)

i think i should say something

first of all i put in a thread to sell my gun stating offers around the 250 mark

within minutes i was receiving emails and pms with offers . :D

trufflehunting :<

i had not arranged to meet i said that my office was further south and if i was down there today (friday) i would ring you . infact you said you needed plenty of notice to meet which i could not give.and i never got to the office today anyway :lol: .and as for putting the price up i didn't others did who wanted it

and as for your comments below :(

"I contacted Rules the gun makers at somerton they confirmed the somerton guns were substandard guns manufactured in spain and engraved up to look good and then sold on the UK market

He advised me not to buy one as they are prone to break down and then are very expensive to repair."

i have had an email saying to ignore the above comments as he gets a lot of phone calls and gets fed up of people asking was he originally somerton guns and asking about there guns and gives the same reply" !!!!!!!!!!!!! infact i don't blame him would you ? :lol:

there were probably hundreds if not thousand of these guns imported and i haven't heard anything bad about them and after searching the internet today i can't find anything to say anything like the comments above :lol:

theres nothing wrong with the gun and they were made to exactly the same standard as the aya infact as with nearly all spanish side by sides they were made to copy the english side by side and any gun can have a problem which mine hasn't apart from the scratches on the barrel which i listed and gave pics of.

lastly my apologies to anyone else i part way thru the day realised i might be breaking forum rules by not providing a firm price and as such put down a price which reflected very very close to some offers (which i think were dealers who obviously browse thru for sales sections on shooting related forums) within minutes the price was accepted by a number of people i then had to check times of emails and pm's and ishapoor was at the top infact he was the first person of the morning to offer to buy it although at a lower price than £250 he obviously wanted the gun and i hope he will be very happy with it as i have been .

and as for being a plonka well maybe i am i maybe should have waited a bit longer

i not long after had offers of 400 and 450 but the sale has been made to ishapoor pending deposit of money so even if trufflehuntings comments put him off there is still other buyers . would he not have done the same thing if people were wanting to offer more money maybe he got upset that when the firm price went in he hadn't got in first..

there maybe more to this gun than i know maybe ishapoor knows something i don't i have a feeling a lot of others know something more even trufflehunting as he was also very keen to get it well thats fine to me it is a shotgun (1 of 3 which i have) which i had to choose to sell to make space in my cabinet

once again apologies to those who didn't get the shotgun and thanks to this site

who have helped me to sell it

mark

If you look back at the start of this post I was the first to say on the forum that I was very interested and immediately sent Mark a PM. I hope nobody is inferring that I was trying to push up the price with no interest in buying it, I was prepared to pay the asking price and would have happily paid up to £350. I tried an AYA No.2 last year and got on very well with it, I don't kick tyres, I DO have a shotgun certificate, room in my gun cabinet and cash ready to go.

Pity this has all turned into a bun fight, if the gun doesn't sell to Ishapoor I'm still interested in giving it a good home.

old rooster ,

agreed you were first to post on the thread but i had received pm's and direct emails before your reply with offers ..

i was gobsmacked when i seen the extra replys after the gun was sold .

i honestly don't think there was anyone just pushing the price up everyone seemed genuinely interested and wanted it and as all things go at the lowest price they could get it for there was just some people that wanted it at any cost.

i am still awaiting deposit of funds from ishapoor and i think this will now be monday.

regards

mark

In the light of this explanation Mark, I think I probably jumped in too quickly.

Maybe it would be best if any firm offers were made by personal message. That way it would be up to the seller to sort out who made the first offer and to then advise anyone else if it had been sold.

Can’t be too uppish about this though as I sold a nice little .410 Webley on here a couple of months ago and forgot to let anyone else know about it. :*)

As for the gun being “Inferior”, well, it looks very much like a Silver Sable Deluxe and an Ugartechea I once owned, and they were both lovely little guns (still regret selling the Ugartechea). :lol:

G.M.

Edited by Gemini

If you look back at the start of this post I was the first to say on the forum that I was very interested and immediately sent Mark a PM. I hope nobody is inferring that I was trying to push up the price with no interest in buying it, I was prepared to pay the asking price and would have happily paid up to £350. I tried an AYA No.2 last year and got on very well with it, I don't kick tyres, I DO have a shotgun certificate, room in my gun cabinet and cash ready to go.

Pity this has all turned into a bun fight, if the gun doesn't sell to Ishapoor I'm still interested in giving it a good home.

I hope you dont think i was insinuating that you kick tyres rooster old mate... but as you know yourself well, when you post something for sale you get all sorts of inane **** asking for this that and the other and when it comes to it 85% of them are time wasters.

FM.