more pigeons

samw

had a really gd day on the spring rape where there had been standing water set up at about 7.30am with about 25 shell decoys no magnet as i need to get a new battery for it i used a flapper with a line that i pull to move the wings i had not even got the line to the hide and the dog in and gun out and the first pigeon was comeing into my set up wind was coming over my left sholder abit cold to start with but then warmed up abit and then the action really started coming from the roost wood to the field by 9am i had shot 60 odd pigons then it slowed down abit and i used the lull to sort out the kill zone and tidy the hide pick up the dead shells and boxes stretch my legs abit and water the dog cup of tea myself and a sandwich :rolleyes: which was nice lol little bit of chock for the dog keep her blood sugar up no sooner had i put the flask down it all started again non stop till i packed up and finished the day with a very nice (if i dont say so myself lol) left and right and finished the day with a total pick up of 175 with 2 in the cow poo filled ditch and wasnt putting the dog in for them took my an hour and half to pick up and tidy up the rubbish and get everything home

thanks samw

post-17109-1241969688.jpg

Good shooting that samw... that's from around my old haunt, were I was brought up.... I used to shoot around Keelby, fields surrounding Suddle Woods and around Roxton woods, many years ago.

Good times those :rolleyes::yes::D

yeah the roost wood i talked about is roxton woods i live in habrough just outside immingham i shoot on alot of farms around roxton wood :lol::lol::good:

:yes: Sam nice one mate , you got enough room in the freezer for that lot :lol::lol:

yeah just about me and a few mates are setting too tomoz before we head out rabbiting to sort them out got a few orders for some oven ready so will sort them out and drop off before we go out plus my local pub takes a few aswell oven ready so there will be a few more gone lol and my mates will take some for helping lol and then should just about get them in lmao :rolleyes::D