Electrician looking for land to shoot on.

Electrician willing to offer my services free of charge if required for chance of some regular pest control.

Any land within 60 miles (ish) of junction 29 m1.

i mainly use pcp .22 ,i am fully insured and reliable.

i also use a shotgun if required but prefer pcp.

i am 37 years old and have been shooting on friends permissions for 3 years but i am now putting feelers out for my own permission as i like to shoot more often than my friends.

if any one can help please pm me.Thanks

Edited by kewell1972

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anybody from chesterfield or surrounding area wants to share fuel and driving costs in search of shooting permission i would be up for that.we could then possibly look further away than chesterfield for a new permission.

this is a genuine offer for trying to gain a permission.i have tried most of the advice given on this site to gain a permission but to no avail.

Edited by kewell1972

• 2 months later...

Keep at it mate,im sure something will eventually turn up for you :lol: once you get your foot through the door,its suprising how things can come together,have you tried the golf courses around your area?these are always looking for vermin control,and if your using a pcp you should be able to go about your business without causing too much of an inconvenience to anyone,but bear in mind its sensible to make sure your fully insured,and if you secure shooting on a golf course-most of it will probably be lamping :good: good luck :good: BB

thanks for reading.i have tried all the local golf courses and they either already have somebody or they deal with pest problems themselves.i have basc and basa insurance so no problems there.i allways knew it was going to be difficult to get permision, but as you say i will not give up.thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick addition to my post.I was fortunate enough to have a day out with P.A.S, his lurcher and ferrets today.just to say what a good bloke he is.made me feel welcome straight away and although we were a little disapointed at one permission p.a.s made sure he found us some sport and would not let me go home disapointed.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day out and thanks again paul.

• 3 months later...

Called at another farm today crops in at least 2 fields being decimated by crows.spoke to the farmer who said he does not allow shooting on his farm.

is this how a lot of farmers normally reply to losing most of their crops or would this be a one off?.

i know its his land his choice but surely regular pest control would bring him more annual profit.

Difficult this one, I can see it from both ends if you like. I wouldn't have thought the crows were doing anything much unless he has planted some wheat recently, then they would be probing around for the seeds. They don't eat rape, or wheat plants so they probably aren't doing any harm.

The main thing though is most farmers are regularly asked ( myself included ) if they need any shooting done, this often comes hand in hand with a request to sign an application form. Very often the said shooter will come for a few weeks or months after and then never be seen again. I have lost count of the number of people that have done this to me. Needless to say I now do my own control.

I am not suggesting for one minute that you would do this but thought it may give you a bit of an insight into our view.

Keep trying you will find someone to let you prove yourself eventually. If you were closer to me I could have probably got you some work as a spark to show you were genuine.

Have you tried an ad in the agricultural suppliers in the area? Some of them will do a newsletter each month, they may let you put some details into this. Not the machinery dealers, the sort of place that supplies bags of animal feed and general agricultural supplies.

Chin up

badshot

thanks for the reply.the farmer in question was a spot on bloke when i was talking to him and he thought mabe the crows were after slugs as he also had neer seen so many in 1 area.they didnt even fly off when i passed by them in the van.

will keep on trying, i guess a lot on here are in the same boat and it is good to know that farmers are also members of this site.

Hi mate im from chesterfield also in brockwell not too far away from you. I have 2 permissions both extemly quiet atm one a 170 acre dairy farm get very livley spring time. I have a .22rf. I would be more than happy to take you on my permission when it livens up a bit. Also I can drive n would also like to start looking for more permission so if you fancy a drive about one day il defo be up for that. ATB Joe