My .410

jordan

The .410 calibre is measured in inches instead of gauge for historical reasons. The .410 calibre, approximately 67 gauge, was created to impose maximum handicap upon skilled shooters in the game of skeet, by throwing a relatively small charge of shot. The .410 calibre was not created for hunting, but some people do use it for that.

excert from

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Shotgun

the use of the .410" shotgun has increased over the last 5 years in North America, hence the slight cost reduction and availability of certain carts, i hope the use increase's more ,i know a lot of junior shooters prefer the smaller gun and cart for starting out , lets hope it continues in popularity

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

hi chaps

I brought my lad a 410 webley n scott fully choked last christmas its a bostin little tool. He gets on great with it fur n feather alike

But like you all say the cost of the carts is a bit offputting you can get 50 12g for the money you pay for 25 410 eley fourlong .the lyvale are a bit cheaper but not that much

hi chaps

I brought my lad a 410 webley n scott fully choked last christmas its a bostin little tool. He gets on great with it fur n feather alike

But like you all say the cost of the carts is a bit offputting you can get 50 12g for the money you pay for 25 410 eley fourlong .the lyvale are a bit cheaper but not that much

you can take a man out of the country but you cant take the country out of the man

Just been reading all your reviews on the 410. I have bought one in the last few days which is mainly for my son who is 12 ( a rather small 12 thought). I tried it first for recoil as he has never had a shotgun before, it was fine so I let him have a few shots (after going through all the safety aspects with him). I can see there is alot of benefits of owning a 410 as I will be using it for lamping myself as it is quiter that the 12. As to the price of cartridges, I live in Lincoln and my local gun shop(well 10 mile away) which is called Forest Lodge Guns at Wragby, they sell Gamebore 410 cartdridges for about £3.60 - £3.80 a box so if you are out this way it might be an idea to call in and get some cheap cartridges. Getting back to the original topic the 410 in my opinion is a must in your gun cabinet. All the best. Tim