My first shooting video's!

A friend on an air rifle forum regularily ads videos of his shooting. I decided to give it a go because there were relitevley few kills on his permission, compared to on some of mine because it is plagued with rabbits! So i tried to video a few good shots with the air rifle, but he has a purpouse made camera mount, and i was trying to hold camera in one hand and air rifle in the other, so it wasnt very good. After a few failed atempts i got fed up with the whole thing, and went to get my B25 12 bore which is much lighter and i am used to using mainly with one hand while balancing the forend on a lamp held in the other.

I got a shot at a crossing jackdaw straight away and dropped it clean at 45 yards it with one hand on the gun! (the kick hurt my wrist a bit though!) Then i spotted a fresh mole patch in a newly drilled field so i shot that aswel! I dont think the video would have been appreciated on the other forum, so i put them on youtube so i can show them here! I am pleased with the mole one, sometimes they take longer to rise, this one wasnt too bad, it was rising as i was walking towards it so it gives an idea how long you have to wait.

The sound hasnt worked on the jackdaw one i dont think :blink: but basicly it was .....click..... bang....thud... so you can fill it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHOSYibE52g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ_MCsEZAWE

SP

Used to shoot mole like that many many years ago, It's not without danger though as I have seen bits of stone fly off in every direction. As the moles are only stunned when they come to they can give a nasty bite.

Wondering though? If you have ever heard of picking up your cartridge cases?

TC

• 2 weeks later...