hayfever

richie223

Been horrific for the last 3 weeks, have cetirizine hyrdochloride tabs, nasal spray and eye drops but got so fed up wheezing like an old horse at nights that I went to the docs this morning and he gave me an injection (first time in my 32 years of snotters blinding me that I've been offered it). Only got it this morning, he said it would take 12 - 24 hours to work and last for about 6 weeks... I reckon it's doing the trick already. From those who have had it, does it work?

just got back from seven hours of strimming , Mother of god didnt really hit me till i had a bath now my eyes are red raw , runny nose all day and my face is itching all over ..... oh the joys of the summer months ... Good thing is all of the strimming has now been done ( until next month when it all grows back)

Been horrific for the last 3 weeks, have cetirizine hyrdochloride tabs, nasal spray and eye drops but got so fed up wheezing like an old horse at nights that I went to the docs this morning and he gave me an injection (first time in my 32 years of snotters blinding me that I've been offered it). Only got it this morning, he said it would take 12 - 24 hours to work and last for about 6 weeks... I reckon it's doing the trick already. From those who have had it, does it work?

The injection is spot on mate very very good,but most doctors wont give it!! i heard on the radio today-they estimate 60% of the worlds population will suffer from hayfever by 2060 (dont think i will still be suffering by then) its due to global warming apparently ,and the extension of the pollen season :no:

It's always worked for me, but I've always been told to have it before the "season" kicks off?

also a while back I watched a documentary about kids in South America (I think) they had all been wormed and guess what they started to get hayfever,

Two years ago I nearly got involved with a test they were doing at Nottingham Uni, infecting people with hook worms, as I live in Wales thought it was a bit far to go twice a week, don't know the out come of the trials but worth looking into.

I also found out yesterday that you can only buy one packet of benadryl at a time as there is arestriction on one of the ingredients?

Great isn't it. The bunnies are breeding like crazy, farmers on our backs and as soon as I hit the field I sneeze and the whole lot are gone. I work as a gardener (I know, idiot!) and at this time of the year it drives me insane! I don't take anything for it because after years of trying everything going I decided it wasn't worth it because it didn't help enough. Now I just shove vaseline up my nose, wear a wet hat (don't ask, it seems to help?) and get on with it.

I did read somewhere about a woman who does some kind of hippy treatment for it. Supposedly it gets rid of it almost completely and costs about £400 if I remember right. She recons if it doesn't work you can go back for re-treatment until it does. That suggests to me that it must be fairly successful or she would be bankrupt by now from all the free work she'd be doing. I'm going to try it next winter (when she suggests it's best). To be honest I'd pay £4000 or even £40,000 to get rid of this for the rest of my life so £400 is a bargain!