Bitch in season will dog do the deed

mosa

Hello all this may seem a daft question but my bitch is in season (just started showing signs of swelling etc). I have tried to get her sired before with no luck on the days i tried. She is with my dog all day and night long will he sire her when the time is right or will i have to try to force the issue??? I am going on holiday soon and they are going to a kennel for 2 weeks housed together (kennels know she is in season). Also if i dont witness anything due to being either on holiday or work etc without the obvious signs of weight gain on my bitch how will i know if she is in pup :good: Thanks in advance of any replies. ps if it all goes to plan working cocker pups here soon kc reg great lines both & dogs are chocolate

A few thoughts... if she won't stand and is not happy to mate but is obviously in season you're going to end up with a seriously sexed up dog and very peed off bitch in a kennel together, do you have the option to separate them if it gets too much for either dog and will the kennel do that in your absence? Personally I wouldn't be shutting them together and leaving them.

Secondly, check with the KC but I THINK that if you don't witness the mating then you are not allowed to register the pups; my father-in-law ended up with a well bred ESS for free because the very honest breeder did not witness a mating in his kennel and therefore did not register the pups.