.17 HMR

Evening browning123. i have the same rifle as you and i have used nothing but Remington accutip 17gr boat tail.. £ 9 a box and ******* awsome...out of the box was getting 1/2 " groups at 100yrds happy days..i put a trigger kit in mine about 12mnts ago and thats bought the groupings even tighter..never needed to try anything else.. from what ive heard stay away from 20 grs & hollow points coz they move around too much with the wind..good hunting m8 ..

Evening browning123. i have the same rifle as you and i have used nothing but Remington accutip 17gr boat tail.. £ 9 a box and ******* awsome...out of the box was getting 1/2 " groups at 100yrds happy days..i put a trigger kit in mine about 12mnts ago and thats bought the groupings even tighter..never needed to try anything else.. from what ive heard stay away from 20 grs & hollow points coz they move around too much with the wind..good hunting m8 ..

To my surprise, I found that 20gr HPs grouped tighter in my CZ-452 than any 17gr rounds did (<0.5" at 100 yards, in optimum conditions). I do not have the BCs of the two weights of bullet to hand, but would be fairly confident in saying that the 20gr bullets offer better wind-bucking performance than the 17gr BTs.

Guest topshot_2k
All .17HMR ammo comes out the same factory so ingore the labels on the box and get as many different ones as you can and try them. One will work significantly better in your rifle than the others, THATS the one to use.

thats not exactly true, some brands come from the same source but winchester and couple others dont.

thats not exactly true, some brands come from the same source but winchester and couple others dont.

Are you quite sure.....?

http://www.chuckhawks.com/compared_17HMR_ammo.htm

When you read the ballistics info for the Wincehester round it is EXACTLY the same as Hornadys, and uses a V-max bullet (which just happenes to made by Hornady).....

A bit too much of a co-incidence for my liking......

A bit of 'badge engineering'I believe....