My New Combro 625. WHOOPS !!!

malcolmt

I just brought a combro 625 to see what i was achieving with my airsporter, that arrived today so i set it up on the barrel very carefully aligned and attached it SECURELY with a strong elastic band, then proceeded to blow it to bits with the first pellet through it !!!!! DOH shot the second sensor shroud clean off. I am quite sure that it was correctly aligned so i can only assume that the recoil disturbed it and as the pellet passed through the device it struck the housing destroying it comprehensively. Oh well just ordered a new casing. any suggestions for securing it in future would be appreciated. HE HE HE

Malcolm

Malcolm, I have one of these, great little gadget. I made a tool to align the combro just a dowl the dia of the bore, as I was affraid I`d blow it to bits too.

Make sure the screw is tight on the mountig bracket, I use 2 of those thick red elastic bands that the postman insists on dropping on our path to hold it to the barrel, so far so good.

kevin

I really rate the Combro & the repair service is brilliant but after shooting one up with a BSA Goldstar twice I have given up using on springers.Definitely my fault but you have to be so sure of mounting,never had any bother on PCP's. I use an F1 chrony now for springers(also shotguns as I reload) but the convenience of the Combro is hard to match.

Well Folks here's an update.......

Chrono arrived Wednesday morning, by lunchtime i had shot it spectacularly to bits, ordered the parts Wednesday afternoon online paid by credit card.....................

Thursday morning parts arrived with a very gracious note from Robin saying NO CHARGE... How's that for service, i was stunned and extremely grateful, what fantastic service.

Thursday lunchtime i re-assembled the chrono, very securely taped it to my airsporter and it worked just fine.

HOW PLEASED AM I,

Obviously i cant reccomend this firm highly enough.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Well Folks here's an update.......

Chrono arrived Wednesday morning, by lunchtime i had shot it spectacularly to bits, ordered the parts Wednesday afternoon online paid by credit card.....................

Thursday morning parts arrived with a very gracious note from Robin saying NO CHARGE... How's that for service, i was stunned and extremely grateful, what fantastic service.

Thursday lunchtime i re-assembled the chrono, very securely taped it to my airsporter and it worked just fine.

HOW PLEASED AM I,

Obviously i cant reccomend this firm highly enough.

Kind regards

Malcolm

I had the same thing happen to me :no:

Shot the sensors off it with my Stealth. Robin fixed it for free. I use a dowel guide, then cable tie the bracket to the barrel. Not destroyed it since using that method.