shoggie sport service query

tweedledee

right guys my sport is a september 06 with 39500 on the clock.it had a minor service at 30k when i bought it.i rang mitsubishi today to get a quote for the 40k service.he quoted me £240 all in.he said that would cover oil+filters and a 35 point check.i asked him did they replace any belts but he said no.they do however replace rocker cover gaskets. is there any particular reason for the rocker gaskets needing replaced.i think the price is steep but i need to get it done to keep it under manufacturers warranty till september.all in all it`s a good vehicle and i don`t mind spending a few quid to keep it right.

right guys my sport is a september 06 with 39500 on the clock.it had a minor service at 30k when i bought it.i rang mitsubishi today to get a quote for the 40k service.he quoted me £240 all in.he said that would cover oil+filters and a 35 point check.i asked him did they replace any belts but he said no.they do however replace rocker cover gaskets. is there any particular reason for the rocker gaskets needing replaced.i think the price is steep but i need to get it done to keep it under manufacturers warranty till september.all in all it`s a good vehicle and i don`t mind spending a few quid to keep it right.

have you tried an independent garage? as long as they use genuine parts and the set service schedule it will not affect the warranty.

if its a dealer - the price will include hefty hourly labour rates. :oops:

my local mitsy dealer charges £105/hour labour so £240 doesnt seem too bad if you trust them.They quoted me £320 to change the plugs on my shogun (V6 3.5) so i assume yours is derv.I would say that pegasus has the answer-use a local garage that you know and trust so long as genuine parts are used (buy them from fleabay).It can save you time /money if you keep an eye out for speciel offers on engine oil thru the year and buy it in advance. :good: