falcon lighthunter

sussex lad

After rebuilding my falcon, i thought i would gas her up and set the power level. Easy i hear you say - Wrong!!!!!!!!

A couple of shots and we are at the magic 12flbs so i thought i will chrono it over a few shots to see how it running and to see how many usable shots per fill.

1st 11.80 flbs

2nd 12.32 flbs

3rd 12.76flbs

4th 13.12flbs

5th 13.90flbs

and so on until it tops out at 19.78flbs before running out of air!!!!!

I've done this a few times now, the figures change slightly but the result is basically the same.

So if any one has any ideas before i throw it at a gunsmith and say goodbuy to pocketfuls of cash! :lol::lol:

Cheers

Brian...

Mark,

It doesnt go to 19 odd flbs then no air, thats its highest point before the run down back to no pressure.

Hi Brian, when you fill up what is the reading on your gage before you decant, i am asking because if you over fill you will get lower power due to exess presure in the gun. and how many shots do you get until it rises up to 19ftlb and how many shots are at the much higher level,until it drops, was it tampered with before you got it and is it suposed to be over the limit ? sorry 4 the 1001 ? but it helps. get back to you later

BB,

Not sure what you mean by gauge reading as it only has a gauge on the bottle and only gives me a reading of what i put in the gun which is 190 as per usual for falcons i think?

It takes about 15 or so shots to get its highest then about the same down to nothing.Maybe a couple off shots at the highest level.

Has it been tampered with ? who knows! :lol:

Is it suppossed to be an F.A.C ? who knows! :lol:

the unregulated PCP rifles do suffer from the power curve i.e. first few shots will be below power then should level out for the mid fill shots and then drop off once more. though 15 shots at the start would be quite a big power curve.

stupid question i know but has to be asked, what pellets are you using and what speed (fps) are they doing?

but even that wouldnt explain the large power curve, would have expected to see about 1-2F/lbs difference between the highest power and the lowest but not more than 8 :lol:

has the hammer got any grease on it? PCP should have little or no oil/grease on the hammer.

hope you can get it sorted out mate :lol:

ROB :o

What is the model of lighthunter 8-12 or 19 inch if its a 8 inch it sound about right not very good mind, but the cylinder is nowere big enough for that kind of power. if 19inch i think that you have problems.when you rebuilt it did you replace the internals with new ones ie valves springs ect, has it any porting done on it. when you fire the gun does it sound sweet, as in does there seem to be too much air behind the pellet after it has left the muzzle (sound like a ****) ifso the exaust valve is staying open for too long. it could really be no end of things a bit of dirt on one of the seals. Depending on what the previous owner has done to it, it could end up to be a good tool. as you have previously said it didnt cost you much, but doesnt mean its rubbish.

its funny how things turn out in the end its most probably something really simple normally is

Ye Gods - a Farting Falcon !! :lol::lol::lol:

Whatever will the manufacturers think of next !

"It wasn't me darling - my Falcon has flatulence " B)

Hard to explain that one under the duvet though. :unsure:

Sorry if the correct teriminoligy was not used, but was trying to make it as plain as poss, if you can explain the sound that is made, by exess air (wasted air) being used due to the valve not closing at the correct time, most probably causing the problem i am sure BB would very much appreciate your advise.

dont mean to offend but by what BB has posted, it sounds that he has taken allot of time and trouble to rebuild what someone had scrapped, into something that he is proud of .

Having done the same myself on quite a few accasions, i know how it feels to put allot of hard work into something like that and wanting it to work well.

Sorry BBasher, no criticism intended of either you or Brian, what you said hit my funny bone ! :*)

I'm full of admiration for Brian's sorting out the Titan. I have a Mohawk which replaced a Manitou (those were the days !)

I have heard the sound you describe and a **** is entirely the right description. Again, apologies if I have offended you or Brian, that was furthest from my intentions.

Guys calm down!, :unsure:

No offence taken, i'm just grateful for all the help i can get to get this gun going.

Just a quick thought could i be measuring the air blast instead of the pellet?

Also heres a quick piccy of the restoration so far

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/BWHITCOMBE/f9.jpg

Cheers

Brian...

1 of 5 is i think on the rite track i dought very much if it is as you think the air as it wont register unless there are any forign body being expelled but i dought it.

if you have bought a replacement valve kit you must get the correct balance or you will have problems, past experience has taught me that, i have a variation of 3fps which is exeptionly good.

It looks very good youve made a good job, i nearly bought one for lamping because of there light wait and accuracy, but i think my Rapid would get a bit upset! :unsure: