SCOPE INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR .17 HMR

browning123

At that range I use 10x.

Further out I'd go as far as 20x

I've got a 10x42 on my .22 & 6.5-20x50 on the HMR.

The .22 gets used out to 110yds but mostly around 50 to 80yds.

The HMR is for 120 to 200yds.

Of course if I'm out with the .22 nothings closer than 150yds & if out with the HMR I could of used an air rifle or shotty.

Nothing ever goes to plan.

zero for 100 or 125, depending on the range you expect to be shooting. If you haven't shot it yet and just want it to be close, then ~40 yards makes a primary zero for a ~115 secondary zero.

A zero of 75 yards would not be a good idea as you would only get one zero (right at 75 yards). The rest of the distances would be shooting low. You'll be 1" low before you hit 125. If you zero for 100, then you'll be +/- less than half an inch out to about 115 and only 1" low at 125.

thanks

rick

10 mag and zero at 75 yards, should give you a flat trajectory on an HMR out to around 130 yards or so

Les :lol:

Id agree with Lez, means you can essentially flat shoot from pretty close (50 or so yards) way out to 120-30 ish like he says, means you dont have to muck about too much.

For me, realistically, i dont often take rabbits further than the 130 area, because of the land i shoot. so a 75 yrd zero is right for me.

Really depends on the land you shoot

Edit: I have a scope with the same mag, and i tend to keep it at 10x and am generally happy with it

Edited by Horrocks