Dogs Jabs

Lloyd90

What jabs does a puppy actually need ? When the breeder took skye for her first jabs the breeder said she was only supposed to have the Parvovirus jab but the vet didn't check and gave her a full set. Although he was only charged for the parvo :P

She has had

-Distemper

-Hepatitis

-Leptospirosis

-Parvovirus

-Parainfluenza

The only 2 she hasn't had are

-Bordetella bronchiseptica

-Rabies

Now when she has her 2nd jab does she just have a booster for the other ? Or just Parvo ? Or just the 2 she didnt get ? I know they need 2 sets but am not sure which exact ones they need :lol: BTW sorry for yet another dog post :o im sure your all getting fed up of me lol, and if not you will do eventually lol, alot to learn :good:

Hi mate,

You did really need the lot. Its ok just jabbing against certain things but imagine your dog then goes somewhere rats have been and picks up Leptospirosis. A book i was reading recently reckons they tested a set of lamp posts in one particular street and found something like 85% had traces of hepatitis on. I dont think its being over cautious. She needs the second lot before being allowed out. She can play with other dogs at home as long as they are all up to date with their jabs. I'm sure some people disagree but thats my opinion anyway!

Thanks Steve, yer I understand that :lol: She has been out as she sometimes needs to pee or goes for a little walk just outside the house, but she hasn't been to any of the places that have very high dog levels. Cant wait till she gets her 2nd jabs next week and I can take her everywhere, she loves to explore lol :good:

As she was only supposed to have the Paevo for her 1st jabs what jabs does she need for her 2nd ones ? Im going to ring the vet today so it would be good to know what to ask for :lol: Will also find out how much to get Skye Chipped :P Do I just need a parvo booster ? A multi booster ? Is there only 1 kind I can get so they will know or are there vari options ?

Sorry to bug you guys lol :o

Edited by Bigthug87

you just need the second injection that they give to puppies just turn up at the vets where the initial one was done and they will complete the course without you asking for a specific one. You only need a rabies jab if you want to take the dog abroad

you just need the second injection that they give to puppies just turn up at the vets where the initial one was done and they will complete the course without you asking for a specific one. You only need a rabies jab if you want to take the dog abroad

Thanks Alex, I don't know which vet the 1st one was done as it was done by the breeder, Although I might ask him when he is going to have the 2 pups he kept done and ask to go with him to get it done :good: Any idea's how much to get her chipped ? :P

ouch...might have to have a word then!

Go somewhere else mate :blush: I just phoned my local vet, will be the one I use, £32.40 for the 2nd jabs and £18 for micro chipping whilst she's having the jabs, £21 if you just go in for the chip :good: Its not £10 but it sounds alot better than £60 :oops:

Just had my new pup jabbed. Cost £30 total for both jabs, 2 weeks apart, plus 2 doses of Frontline free, plus 4 weeks pet insurance free. £10 if you want a micro-chip.

This was at one of those "Companion Care" vet franchises inside the pet shop called Pets at Home, I think. It's a nationwide company, so there is no reason to pay more!

BTW how long after the first jab is the 2nd one needed ? I for some reason am believing that its 2 weeks but am not sure where I got that from :yes: lol!

I cant wait to get her out n about :whistling:

We have been told 2 weeks after the first one but no earlier than 10 weeks. Then wait another week before taking her out!

:lol:

I'm not sure to be honest mate - just going by what our local vet surgery told us, although Jess will be 9 weeks 3 days on wednesday when she has them done and the vet hasn't said anything about it.

Edited by J@mes

I'm not sure to be honest mate - just going by what our local vet surgery told us, although Jess will be 9 weeks 3 days on wednesday when she has them done and the vet hasn't said anything about it.

Cheers mate :yes: think Im working next thursday, will ask my mum if shes free to take her in, if not will take her on friday :whistling: