SGC timeframe in London?

cdb

Sent off my SGC application a week ago and haven't heard a thing.

I know it's bound to depend on how busy the FEO's office is at the time, but has anyone been granted a SGC from the 'West Team', based in Surrey, covering southwest London? If you have, how long was it before you were contacted for interview; and then how long did it take to get your licence?

Many thanks

Thanks John, yes, I sent it to West Team, 5 Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2BT as the Met's website instructed.

I have my cabinet but was advised not to fix it to the wall as FEO's like to tell you where to put it.

Put mine in to Penrhyn Road a couple of weeks ago but do not expect to hear from them for a couple of weeks yet.

The FAQs on the Met site state 6 to 8 weeks to get SGC and I believe it takes a couple of weeks from the FEO's visit to arrive.

Isn't Guildford covered by Surrey Constabulary? Penrhyn Road is for the Met only which has about four or five teams around London. You cannot now put your application in to your local police station, it has to go to the correct firearms team covering your area - addresses etc are in the firearms (CO19) section of the Met's website.

HTH

That's right, Kingston covers the London boroughs of Kingston-upon-Thames, Richmond-upon-Thames, Hillingdon and Hounslow incl. Heathrow, Lambeth, Merton and Wandsworth. I'm in SW4 Lambeth.

We frequently get post go missing round here so I gave the office a call. They confirmed my application had been received, was on the system and had been assigned to an FEO. All I have to do now is wait....

All done in two weeks - now that's customer service!

The Met's website says:

"Every effort will be made to ensure that each application sent in is processed with the utmost efficiency and under normal circumstances within 8 weeks of a correctly completed application being received."

Hvaing only sent mine in one and a half weeks ago I have a bit longer to wait I think.

cdb

That's the problem - the waiting.

I have already put a deposit down on a gun and am itching to get out and try it on a few (hundred) clays.

The time it takes obviously depends on the workload, but does any know if the time of year makes any difference? On the one hand the FEOs will probably want to go on holiday in August but then so will many SGC applicants, so it may be a quiet time. Any one know?

I've got my eye on a gun and thought about putting down a deposit - well done on that front.

At the end of my interview I asked the FEO how long the cert would take and he said he didn't know. He explained that he just makes the recommendation; it's his boss that actually signs off the issuing of the cert and he had no idea what his boss's workload was like at the moment. So, as you say, it all depends on how busy they are.

More people on holiday in the sumer - maybe. But do more people want to get into shooting in the summer? If so, then more people would be applying for SGCs making it a busier period. God only knows. All I know: waiting is rubbish!

Nice one :P

I'm sure it will be there shortly.

Mine took 4 months from start to finish but not all the Polices fault. From visit to SGC was less than 2 weeks.

Just about to apply for FAC so hope that will be quicker :/

If the FEO is saying OK then i would be fairly certain that you have it :blush: go put the deposit down :blush:

Jon.