LED Lenser gun light review

Tobyb525

Hi, I ordered this on monday night, came today and I'm VERY impressed :good:

Cost £44 on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Lenser-Police-Te...=item439af22011

The kit consits of Torch, Mount, strap, holster, batteries and a pressure switch. :D

Torch spec on the link above.

The main thing was the stated 230m range, well it's kind of true.

At the length of my garden (40 yards) it is like shooting in day light and even with 16X mag on my cr*p CentrePoint scope its still more than bright enough.

I think it would be good for 50-60m, ok out to 100m but beond that its only good for spotting eyes.

The stated 230m is true though as you could shine it at someone 200m away and probably be able to see they were there but probably not good for shooting.

The light intensity is very good as it has a cree LED, as good as my 2,000,000 CP torch at 50m, very wide field of light aswell which is good in most cases.

The kit is very well made, mount is a touch slack (at the scope end) but will not move under normal use but it alows you to ajust it if needs be.

Pressure switch is a bit stiff but is brand new so should loosen up but its still perfectly usable.

I would say this is probably as good as you will get without spending £100 on a lightforce of deeben atom etc.

Easily as good as ledray In my opinion.

So for air gunners or FAC air its perfect, rimfire you may need to upgrade if you want more range.

Any questions feel free to ask,

Toby :blink:

Edited by Tobyb525

Hi, I ordered this on monday night, came today and I'm VERY impressed :good:

Cost £44 on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Lenser-Police-Te...=item439af22011

The kit consits of Torch, Mount, strap, holster, batteries and a pressure switch. :D

Torch spec on the link above.

The main thing was the stated 230m range, well it's kind of true.

At the length of my garden (40 yards) it is like shooting in day light and even with 16X mag on my cr*p CentrePoint scope its still more than bright enough.

I think it would be good for 50-60m, ok out to 100m but beond that its only good for spotting eyes.

The stated 230m is true though as you could shine it at someone 200m away and probably be able to see they were there but probably not good for shooting.

The light intensity is very good as it has a cree LED, as good as my 2,000,000 CP torch at 50m, very wide field of light aswell which is good in most cases.

The kit is very well made, mount is a touch slack (at the scope end) but will not move under normal use but it alows you to ajust it if needs be.

Pressure switch is a bit stiff but is brand new so should loosen up but its still perfectly usable.

I would say this is probably as good as you will get without spending £100 on a lightforce of deeben atom etc.

Easily as good as ledray In my opinion.

So for air gunners or FAC air its perfect, rimfire you may need to upgrade if you want more range.

Any questions feel free to ask,

Toby :blink:

i was hoping it would have a tight beam, rather than very wide field of light,you will have to get a red filter for it and let us know what max distance you could see a rabbit with it.

any chance you could post some pics of it at night using it in your garden

• 2 weeks later...

I have the T7

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-LENSER-T7-Police...=item439b662426

It really is the best bit of kit I have bought for ages and is 200lm so is a fair bit brighter, they didn't do the gun mounts/pressure switch when I bought mine so I got a handle bar mount for my mountain bike which is excellent and brighter than a car headlamp.

Without a filter you can lamp out to 100yds or so with a rimfire as long as its into a backstop, its been excellent for finding foxes and rabbits at the end of the night :angry:

• 1 year later...

I use an amber filter with mine and will go to 70m easy. BUT if you have the torch on narrow beam, Bunny doesn't like the intensity of the light on him and disappears sharpish. Opening the beam out still gives a decent range and the rabbits just sit there, well for a short while, then lie down dead ;)

What's the battery life like?

Only used the batteries that came with it and it quickly chewed them up. I don't know the quality of those batteries nor how long they were in the box before I bought the torch. I've got some duracell in the torch now and will be interested to see how long they last :)