Dose any one use a kayak wildgowling

krowe79

As a kid I once shot from one , but never again. The recoil almost turned the canoe over with a strong tide running and 20 feet of water under me. They might be ok as transport , but not to shoot from. Something to keep in mind though. Many of the duck that use those out of the way places that are impossible to reach at high tide use them as a sanctury and will later flight over reach able parts of the marsh. Start shooting the scantuary areas and you will soon lose your ducks and doubtless incur the wrath of your fellow club members .

"and doubtless incur the wrath of your fellow club members"

As happened with a member of my old club. He became a non member very shortly afterwards.

As a kid I once shot from one , but never again. The recoil almost turned the canoe over with a strong tide running and 20 feet of water under me. They might be ok as transport , but not to shoot from. Something to keep in mind though. Many of the duck that use those out of the way places that are impossible to reach at high tide use them as a sanctury and will later flight over reach able parts of the marsh. Start shooting the scantuary areas and you will soon lose your ducks and doubtless incur the wrath of your fellow club members .

"and doubtless incur the wrath of your fellow club members"

As happened with a member of my old club. He became a non member very shortly afterwards.

I would never condone the use a kayak for fowling far to dangerous. Also agree with not disturbing sanctuary. However the use of boats to get to shooting zone is very acceptable. It depends where of course but clubs such as Poole Wildfowlers use them all the time.

A kayak is to cockly to shoot out of very little room to shoot from but saying that I have a friend who has a sea kayak and goes sea fishing out of Hornsey and goes out up 3miles out on a calm day and catches lots of fish.I modified a Canadian canoe to a sneek boat. Decked it like a punt it's 16 foot long made from fibre glass.Works very well on our inland marsh dout I would risk it going on the sea .I have shot lots of ducks from it and is very stable .Tend to use it mostly for going out to our raised hides which when the water is up can be up to a mile away from the bank.This is as santuary for geese and ducks and we lightly shoot it otherwise they just go back onto Humber estuary.Fortunaly don't have any club members that complain because we own the whole marsh of over 200acres.

I use an inflatable kayak for wildfowling. Only for estuary use, never tried it on the open sea. Usually only use it for getting out onto the marsh but I have shot from it occasionally with no problems. I have a 2 man Kayak, I get all my gear in the front position and paddle from the rear. Fits in a big rucksack deflated and only weighs 9Kg. Will try to attach a pic from the brochure.

http://www.solelymarine.com/gumotex-twist-2-49-p.asp

gumotex-twist-2-%5B3%5D-49-p.jpg