An acceptable score ?

Kes

Thanks all for your perspectives - I'll try DTL first as I tend to get better results with that and then a couple of competitions, I'll try the one at Catton Hall (Frodsham) for a bit of fun.

Have to say I dont like 'trying', as it seems to take the fun out of it but will do a bit more and find a coach who perhaps can polish my style a bit for a little more success.

Thanks - good of you all to offer advice.

Beretta off here is your man and local to :yes::good:

May be at Catton on Monday but unsure yet

You are in Cheshire - Beretta on here is one of the very best coaches - right on your doorstep. if you seriously want to get better - look no further.

Beat me to it :lol:

DTL is not a very forgiving sector of shooting,. I target down is considered a disaster to the good shots. I would stick with sporting to set you off in competitions, if you have a bad stand with a target you find difficult, then you bet that the next stand will lift your score again. Just enjoy, watch and learn. Give Beretta on here a call ,he will give you sheds full of confidence. from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

I started shooting in march have shot 2 registered shoots plus the pw charity shoot. Im going to the British open next week to shoot that with will. I dithered about entering but told just to man up and get on with it.

I haven't done exceedingly well but I enjoy the thrill of it.

Both shoots have been an eye opener.

But both squads ive been in for the shoots have been full of helpful people.

Last one I had phil gray giving helpful advice most of the way round.

As they say you've got to be in it to win it.

I use to keep a spreadsheet of my shooting endeavours, Once you have shot a few grounds you will get an idea of your average... once you establish a mean average, then as long as you are increasing that mean average, then you are improving. Each day will be different depending on so many variables. Don't beat yourself up over bad days, just look to learn from them. Find what clays you find the easiest, and the hardest.. then work on the hardest. I have a friend I met at a local ground who averaged the mid fifties, I invited him to shoot with me and we are now good friends, after a year he was shooting mid to high seventies. Has won two or three 'c' classes and improving all the time. I found just a bit of encouragement, confidence and a few pointers on stance, killing point, gun mount etc made all the difference. Even my scores improved! A good shooting buddy is a great help in my opinion. He is now reaching the eighties!! and I am starting to hit the nineties again.