Heavy steel by hevi-shot

figgy

Just been on Cabelas site looking at wildfowl section seen the above carts and they look good.

When are we going to get this stuff. They have Kent Fast Steel same as our Gamebore Mammoth with same Canada geese on the box,Rio Blue Steel our version are Eley Lightning.

Remington carts same as here, but these new ones look like what most of us want dense steel at 1500 fps Environ Metal inc.Heavy Steel come in all the sizes. Got the Hevi-Shot logo on the box so if Lyalvale produce Heavi-Shot here wonder if we will get the Heavy Steel?

Figgy

Kent fast steel are 1650 fps which is slightly quicker than the mammouths!

I have just been given the recipe for the replica fast steel and will be loading some up to try out next week.

They look like they will be a good all round shell

hi there, can I ask where you get your steel shot for reloading please. As shooting a 20bore im finding it very difficult to get suitable loads. Maybe reloading is the wsy forward ?? Regards hh

Rough shooter Kent Steel at 1650 fps quick. Be a great load if you can reload it :good:

This new one I saw on their site says Heavy Steel so if it is more dense than what we use, it's got to be good at 1500 fps.

We need more of the American non toxic carts over here.

Figgy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cookoff013

After going through some saami regs with a friend, i can honestly say the cip will never agree. the 2 standards are like chalk and cheese.

the stats get you every time.

if you have any doubts about what the criterias are you can look up saami and cip. cip having a 2 tier system that overlaps saami in so many places.

i find the saami system has more !give! the cip is as bout as flexible as a piece of cheese.