.22. Hornet moderator

steve_b_wales

Thanks fellas, it'll be a trip down memory lane for me with the old Brno. Only thing is, I remember accuracy wasn't the best but it looks like more different factory ammo is available now, but maybe I'm wrong. Not looked into that side of it yet with local rfd's, so I don't know what they stock. Maybe it's time to consider home loading after all this time?

LilGun powder has revolutionised the hornet 2800- 2900 with a 45 grn bullet , with lower pressures than a lot of factory loads pushing similar at 2500-2600.

Don't get confused by speed though with things like the 35 v-max at 3050 even in factory, poor BC dissipates muzzle velocity fast and becomes little better than a HMR at 150.

CZ are special for Hornets due the way the barrel and chamber is formed with better than usual concentricity and the twist not being done as a catch all un-chambered blank of the rack for .224 bullets in a range of other .22 CF.

I did use the SAK a few times, and it worked, but decided to buy the Phantom when I saw the price.

I have a CZ. It's excellent.

You made a good choice with the switch to a proper CF mod :good: quietness is a great attribute of the Hornet, maximising it and safety / longevity can only be a good thing. I am on a T12 scout, very quiet unless you get reflected sonic crack (along a wall edge etc)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...