Which clubs

muncher

Hi marsh man , I think most of the wash clubs have vacancies , as you know I have not been fowling too long so could not really tell you how many drop outs the clubs tend to get , a few I.

would imagine ,

I went into it with my eyes open as what to expect , but if people join thinking they are going to put plenty in the game bag without having to put much effort in then chances are they are going to be disappointed and are more likely to drop out the following season.

Its a very steep learning curve if you want get the best out of it and that's why it is so important to listen to those that have got to grips with it and are prepared to teach you what they know.

Treat them with respect and they are more than happy to share information on what is happening where , but its also important to get out as much as you can and start to figure things out yourself , I have shot alone most of this season as my shifts do not make meeting up with others easy but it also means I am getting down the marsh when they cannot and I am always happy to tell those that have helped me what I have seen and where

The wash is a huge and diverse area and each bit of foreshore has its own secrets to discover , I think the fact its a sport that gives more the harder you work at it is what makes it so appealing to me.

very nicely put a credit to you club and Im sure you will last the distance as you are keen and rise to the challenge wildfowling offers . well done on your pinks by the way :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure the turnover in the club I'm in. What I am mindful of is that most clubs need younger blood but the right ones. Clubs who do wish to keep a good membership can't sit on their laurels and work on word of mouth to get new applicants. Historically that worked but not any more. It's not just wildfowling that suffers. Other sports have also suffered. It's a lot to do with having far more opportunities to do many other things now. When I was a kid all I had was my bike, a half flat football and a 177 Dianna. Now all the tricks I got up to when I was a kid is done sat at a games console so the going out and doing it has gone.

Stick me on the waiting list I.

I'm not sure the turnover in the club I'm in. What I am mindful of is that most clubs need younger blood but the right ones. Clubs who do wish to keep a good membership can't sit on their laurels and work on word of mouth to get new applicants. Historically that worked but not any more. It's not just wildfowling that suffers. Other sports have also suffered. It's a lot to do with having far more opportunities to do many other things now. When I was a kid all I had was my bike, a half flat football and a 177 Dianna. Now all the tricks I got up to when I was a kid is done sat at a games console so the going out and doing it has gone.

Stick me on the waiting list I.

Five years and you will not be up to it Graham :lol:

I think you are right about needing the right people in the sport , it was fairly obvious at times this season that there are some of the wrong types .

And as for young blood , In the couple of years I have been fowling I have met one under the age of 30 I would imagine .

Perhaps the younger guns would rather be out shooting big bags of pigeons etc , I was no different but there comes a time in your shooting career when you realise its not all about the numbers , perhaps the ones coming into fowling have got to that stage.

As for attracting members into the clubs , I cannot personally understand clubs that are struggling for members charging a joining fee , I know there will be a little more admin and paper handed out but even so a new member still generates some income for the club..

very nicely put a credit to you club and Im sure you will last the distance as you are keen and rise to the challenge wildfowling offers . well done on your pinks by the way :-)

Thank you Nick.

I am a member of South Lincolnshire Wildfowling Club and I have had loads of offers from WW and ayano3 and off members to take me out and I would like to thank them for that.

The club membership is around £50 + Basc which really in this day and age is peanuts.

Due to being 2 hours away and other circumstances I dont get over to the marsh as often as I would like but its there when it suits me and when I can get, so as long as they keep accepting my subs I will be a member. I just love getting out on the marsh.

Its not for everyone but I just love the environment of the marsh, the sounds, the sights, the smells everything.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic, and I can remember you talking about this subject when we went out in November, good luck with your choice. :good:

Regards

H