cz 455 synthetic .22

Nath c

I have a CZ455 Varmint, and I'm not overly impressed with the accuracy. It is quite ammo-fussy, and only gives acceptable - to me - results with the likes of RWS R-50.

They are not target rifles but should still be able to present very good results. Most rifles are ammo fussy to a lessor or greater extent, and everyones expectations/standards are different.

Was yours new or used?

Whatever, the accuracy debate can be caused by many things, and only some are the rifle, may I suggest you keep trying different ammo and/or take it back.

:good:

I have a CZ455 Varmint, and I'm not overly impressed with the accuracy. It is quite ammo-fussy, and only gives acceptable - to me - results with the likes of RWS R-50.

My 455 is the same,I was a Friday afternoon rifle. Now shoots very good,but it is ammo fussy. Use it mainly for target work eley sport are best I have found,but can't get hold of any,then Lapua subs come a close second. Winchester subs are awful.

My 455 is the same,I was a Friday afternoon rifle. Now shoots very good,but it is ammo fussy. Use it mainly for target work eley sport are best I have found,but can't get hold of any,then Lapua subs come a close second. Winchester subs are awful.

Yup same here with both my 455's, .22 and HMR. Swapped them out for two 452 silhouettes and have superb accuracy from both. I haven't tried Lapua so can't comment, but have used a lot of others and have settled on Eley. Pretty much 1" groups at 100 yards :good: