Only 97 more days !!!!

fenboy

It's a lovely little estuary too. I have seen it from the shoot at Walberswick on the NT ground.

It is not the most brilliant of wildfowling but it is fairly easily accessible for an oldun like me - So that makes it very important to me.

Worth the effort.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to sept......... Strange as I never used to bother with the first month and couldn't wait for colder weather and for birds to begin appearing in numbers, however I have had some brilliant flights( when I have not anticipated!) maybe that is an element that has made it enjoyable??! That and dozing in the warmth of the sun waiting for the tide lol.Looking forward to a stroll down the sea wall, gun slung on my back, pocket full of carts and the calls of waders ringing across the marsh on a afternoon tide! Lovely!!!!

We've got 10.29m predicted for the 1st but as so often happens with the really big tides it'll probably just creep in then out. its the 9.8's in October with a stiff westerly and plenty of water coming down the river that get exciting... at least there will be plenty of standing water on the marsh - last year i sat over a flash that was nothing but a muddy puddle. Still can't wait - the Canadas and Greys are starting to form flocks and move down to roost on the marsh but more Godwit and Avocet than ducks... wildfowling on the 1st is definitely more of a spectator sport.

A note to new fowlers it matters more were the tide is measured. Don't go off what someone says from 300 miles away on another coast

It's starting now for me I might even wash the decoys over the next fortnight. Dog was there weeks ago when I was loading up stuff that smelled of the Marsh for work parties Lol.