Anal glands on a dog

evo

it is easy enough to do yourself..............but if you are forced to do it regular...there is something ammis.....also be mindful that they can get infected then they will cost a lot to sort out.....i would be tempted to think about having them removed......

update,,,,

well my shooting buddy has changed the dogs feed and put her on Dr Johns Gold, he is giving the dog raw bones also and after a couple of days the dogs poop has certainly hardened but the good news is although the dog is still licking its back end although not as frequent, she has stopped dragging her bottom along the floor and seems to be improving , so it looks like the change of diet and the raw bones is working so far

update,,,,

well my shooting buddy has changed the dogs feed and put her on Dr Johns Gold, he is giving the dog raw bones also and after a couple of days the dogs poop has certainly hardened but the good news is although the dog is still licking its back end although not as frequent, she has stopped dragging her bottom along the floor and seems to be improving , so it looks like the change of diet and the raw bones is working so far

Glad to hear it, today's scrag end bones were devoured by pooch together with offcuts. The best meat has now been minced with some frozen a few weeks ago and I've got a bolognaise sauce slowly cooking on the range.

I'm in the process of moving the dog and three cats over to a barf diet (bones and raw food or biologically appropriate raw food, depending on your perspective). I costed it out and there's very little difference between what we pay now and what I expect to pay in future. A bit of an eye opener really, cuts down on packaging and makes more use of what I bring in from the field, e.g. guts, offal and crop contents of birds will provide additional fruit and veg, mineral and vitamins.