Tues. Evening Shoots @ Sycamore

Danger-Mouse

Shoot dates: 19th April, 26th April, 3rd May.

In the run up to the Bradfield Pub league starting, Sycamore Shooting Ground will be hosting 3 Tuesday evening sporting shoots.

We`re starting on the 19th April with a 30 bird sporting. The following weeks we may increase to a 40 or 50 bird depending on demand. Price to be confirmed but I would think £8 for the 30 bird.

We`ll also have DTL on @ £5 a line.

Hope to see some of you down there. What else are you going to do on a Tuesday night?

Start shooting from 5pm.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

Where is Sycamore exactly DM?

It`s at High Bradfield in Sheffield. Bolsterstone Rd, Sheffield S6 6LJ but the post code takes you to Kirk Edge road. It`s a while since I used the sat nav but iirc you carry on past where it tells you to stop and you`ll see on the right hand side of the road a stone cross at a junction, turn right there and follow that road to the end then turn left. Look out for the very large radio mast or the cabins on the hillside.

You thinking of coming down Paul?

Well we had another beautiful, warm, sunny day and evening at the shoot. A decent turn out that included a few new faces. Everyone I talked to said they`d enjoyed it and we had quite a few guys do double rounds. I thought we set some interesting and varied targets with something for everyone. Scores seemed to range from about 50% to Andy G`s top score of 37/40 which seems to indicate we set it just about right.

I had a bit of a shoot after set up and also had a few shots as I walked around with PW`s own Paul Taylor who despite his best efforts managed to locate the shoot. My personal favourite birds were a pretty rapid R/L midi crosser that greatly reminded me of a fast moving pigeon and a rocket powered teal that launched itself about 30m straight up into the air.

The shoot is on again next week and should see the first appearance of our rabbit trap being used as intended. I`m looking forward to that as rabbit clays are one of my favourite targets.

Made most welcome up at Sycamore, seem like a good bunch of lads up there. Thanks to Neil/ DM for showing me round and not laughing at my attempts to shoot some clays. Enjoyed it and well worth a tenner.

Views up there are beautiful now it's warming up a little and even though I'm not really into shooting none edible things I'll be back for another go especially as I need some practice before out charity shoot.

22/40 was my score if anyone is remotely interested lol and no I didn't hit any of the sky high Teal.

Thanks again Neil👍

It`s at High Bradfield in Sheffield. Bolsterstone Rd, Sheffield S6 6LJ but the post code takes you to Kirk Edge road. It`s a while since I used the sat nav but iirc you carry on past where it tells you to stop and you`ll see on the right hand side of the road a stone cross at a junction, turn right there and follow that road to the end then turn left. Look out for the very large radio mast or the cabins on the hillside.

You thinking of coming down Paul?

work in S6 so i really ought to make the effort to shoot this.

Wrap up warm it's snowing in Ringinglow.

Yeah tell me about it :lol:

Weather was crazy up there today. Cold but fine when I arrived. An hour later it was a virtual blizzard and we were even getting peals of thunder and the odd flash of lightning. Can`t ever remember that happening during a snowstorm. We hung on a bit to see if it was worth setting up. By 3pm we`d decided it was unlikely the weather would break but just in case we set up a compak sporting, double-trap and DTL. At just after 4pm the weather did break, the wind died down and the sun came out :rolleyes: We started the first line on the compak and halfway through the snow came in again. That was pretty much the recipe for the rest of the night, flurries of snow and freezing winds then brief periods of calm.

Fortunately the compak went down pretty well but apologies to anyone who came expecting the 40 bird sporting. Normal service will be resumed next week.