Grandsons decoy day.

crowcaller

Took out my 12 year old grandson out yesterday as he has not been out for a 3 weeks being not well ,took him clay shooting first to get his eye in as he not shot for a while, he shot about 5o% after the clays went and had a look at some sowing it had started to come through but had birds on it walked them off and waited to see if they came back.a bit of a line started to come over a ditch so as no other cover was near we built a hide in the ditch only problem was we were shooting on a slope as it was the start of the ditch the rest was water.decoys 30 yards out and first birds came in shot one missed the second as could not get on it proper because of the slope.I shot a couple more then let grandson start shooting he missed the first couple so I told him to go further up the slope of the bank but keep down till birds over the decoys next bird came in and he nailed it with is 20 bore .he hit the next one both barrels and it dropped way out ,the farmer came to have a look at the crops and he drove down the other side of the ditch to us I got out to talk to him and as I was stood out at the side of his 4x4 the youngster shot 3 nice birds in the 10 min I was chatting the farmer seemed well impressed ,it was late when we set up due to going the clays and after about a hour and half they started to tail off .we picked up 22 and a feral so not to bad.