photo copies

kody

Yes and yes.

If you send in the original you are in possession without holding a valid certificate.

Note 20 from application notes: Unless otherwise advised by the police, you should post or take the completed form together with the fee and photographs to the police firearms licensing department. In the case of an application for renewal or variation, the current certificate or a signed and dated recent copy should be included with the application.

Do anyone send in copies of there SGC on renewal and keep the originals in case you need ammo
Is sending photo copies ok

Edited by Penelope

Glos like to have the actual certs back in. Just ensure that you have plenty of ammo in stock before sending in if this is what you chose to do. It is not true that if you submit yours, you're technically in breach of the FA Act. As long as the Police have it for renewal, or you have it, and it's valid for either circumstance (in date) then you are perfectly legal to possess. I asked this question in case I was stopped for any reason too or from a shoot and was told that they'll PNC check you hold a valid cert, so don't really need to have it in your possession. It may preclude you from buying ammo though. I much prefer having mine with me when travelling anywhere with the guns so may seek to supply a signed photocopy for renewal next time round.