great weather

islandgun

A line drawing at the head of each chapter and photos in the text?

Greeny , ok but its quite a long way off yet. I do intend to use a publisher , but get it printed myself so things are going to take a bit longer. I had intended to have it ready in late 2018 , but retiring a bit early with luck it's going to be a bit sooner . But one chapter to finish yet and proof reading and a tidy up of the text is going to be some time to complete everything . Sorting out photos going to take a while and have not made my mine up if to have line drawings instead. I am only going to have one shot at this and want to get it right. Then going to have to sort out a printer.

Penelope , I was thinking about line drawings taken from the photos. I missed a word out of the last post. I meant i do not intend to use a publisher. I suspect with wildfowling being such a small market few publishers would be interested . When publishing a book your self the expensive part is getting the first book done after that each following copy is a lot cheaper. The big problem with publishing a book yourself is marketing it. With out the distribution network of a publisher its going to have mainly sold online and at country shows. But i am crossing my bridges before I get to them. I need to get it finished first.

Penelope , I was thinking about line drawings taken from the photos. I missed a word out of the last post. I meant i do not intend to use a publisher. I suspect with wildfowling being such a small market few publishers would be interested . When publishing a book your self the expensive part is getting the first book done after that each following copy is a lot cheaper. The big problem with publishing a book yourself is marketing it. With out the distribution network of a publisher its going to have mainly sold online and at country shows. But i am crossing my bridges before I get to them. I need to get it finished first.

and once its finished, sign a copy and send it my way please... if its half as good as the stories I have read of yours on here and the other site, I'm looking forward to sitting in front of the fire with a bottle of port and a good read.