Mk70 game scene engraving

Daveo26

I'm looking at getting a new game gun.

Browning or miroku most likely

My question is this......

How come Iv seem Mk70 s with game scene engraving but can't find any for sale?

I do not like the common floral engraving

Do miroku make a game mk70?

I'm not confusing the mk70 with the fixed choke mk60

http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/miroku_mk70 Look an Mk70 with game scene and a 6mm rib.......

Sorry I meant it was "easier to buy a 425" the game scene mk70 "aren't in the current catalogue' seem to remember" mk70 game scene " from about 5 years ago,

I think he mk70 is based on the 425 design (back bored?) but much easier to find a game scene 425 than mk70....

The 425 was not necessarily back bored, I believe only if invector plus choked they are, inv plus back boring came in in the late 325's as I had one in g6 & sold it like a muppet, they ran concurrently in invector and inv plus, as I use fibre wad I use inv not inv plus in my 525 (sense a debate on back boring coming) I was told fibre wads don't seal as well in back bored barrels so std is better, to be honest I bet no one will notice the difference;)

I've had a 325, the chamber rusted constantly unless it was cleaned every time out.....

425, some of them are 2 3/4" chambers not all are steel shot proof.

I want a 30" steel shot proof multichoke, thats the most versatile format.

I was under the impression miroku offered better value but looking a new prices the mk70 and 525 game guns are very similar

I can pick up a 525 for £1265

Mk70 are £1375

I prefer the game scene on the browning, easier to come by than the equivalent mk70

I'm probably going to look at a good S/H 525.

I was told fibre wads don't seal as well in back bored barrels so std is better, to be honest I bet no one will notice the difference;)

That probably has an element of truth,

but I think 11,500 or so PSI would probably compress a fibre wad to fit a 10 bore barrel

Early 325's did not have chromed chambers, the 425's should have them, there were a few cross overs of course but these were mainly 425's with chopper lump barrels that were off the 325 models all were chromed chamber by this point although chokes were still inv and inv plus options

Other than the rust due to my lack of maintenance it was a fine gun my 325 no doubt about that.

I imagine your grade 6 was pretty special?

I think only the 425 waterfowl was steel proofed , the 525 was the first to have this as std circa 2005

I liked the look of the waterfowl, I read a review in one of the mags once.

POW stock if remember right and a 3 1/2" chamber?

I think there was. 3" chamber 425 might have been camo finish

I have a 525 gd 1 sporter (MC and 3" chamber) with game scene engraving and would swap it for a gd3/5 MK60/70/38 or 425 in a heart beat.......

I have a much older much more used miroku 3800 2 3/4" fixed choke and it's a far superior gun IMO.... if had tear drops and heavy scroll it would be perfect.....