Browning Ultra XS Prestige 32"

blackbird

Hi all, I am thinking of treating myself to a Browning 32" XS prestige titanium with adj stock as a dedicated sporting clay gun, what are the pros/cons of this gun if anybody on here own"s or has shot one :lol::good:???

Hmmm. I own one , although its a 30" not the 32"- its a beauty, lovely wood, great finish, the Briley extended chokes are superb, mine has the aluminium case, which is really nice, although the newer ones apparently just have moulded cases. I found the recoil a bit much so added a Kickeeze pad and a Cheekeze. Trouble is, I just can't seem to hit clays consistently with it like I can with the Beretta semi-auto I only acquired a few weeks ago. I find it a bit heavy so I think my swing isn't fast enough with it - am a smallish build, though. Its got a great pedigree, you prob can't go wrong, at least it'll sell easily if you don't like it!!!!

Morning,

Which part is harsh?

Oh its ok, BlaserF3, no offence!!! No pipes, I'm female (although it's not unheard of!!!) and yes, of mature years as they say!!! Probably will end up just shooting the semiautos as you say, but haven't entirely given up hope on the O/U yet!!! :lol:

Blackbird - I have owned two XT's and one XS - XT Teagued and XS - Diamond Invector Plus. Fine guns. Stock on the XS was too low, although it was adjustable. whichever suits. They will last and are quality guns. They handle well. They are as good a gun as most people would ever want.

I am not convinced about paying the extra for Titanium chokes. Teagues are better in my book.

I own a 32" XS Prestige Titanium and absolutely love it. Its got an adjustable stock with fantastic wood, and my gunsmith has added an adjustable butt-plate via a 'Jones Adjuster' so the gun can be set up to shoot any discipline. My only criticism is that its a bit on the heavy side, but regardless of that, I love it.

If you find that it fits, you won't go wrong with one.

Hi all, I am thinking of treating myself to a Browning 32" XS prestige titanium with adj stock as a dedicated sporting clay gun, what are the pros/cons of this gun if anybody on here own"s or has shot one :D:good::angry:

I also own a Browning Ultra XS 30" Sporter (adjustable) fitted with midas chokes.

The wood has excellent grain figuring and really looks the part, set against the deep black lustre of the barrels.

One tip I would share with you, which a highly respected gunsmith gave me, is to pattern the gun adjusting the comb until it fits. To achieve a good fit, add small washers to each column of the adjustable comb until you have the right sight picture. Lock the comb in place and over time you should be able to make any final adjustment. The main benifit of this is that the comb will not drop and remain at the height you have set it. Overall, I have been very pleased with the Ultra and would not hesitate to recommend it. :good: Rob.