Some range day pics

Dunkield

A few of us went to Sennybridge X range on Saturday for a bit of a play, a friend of mine and some time PW poster Drovers, is a member so he took me and another non member to see what it is all about.

I was going to try out some military ammo in the ol' .223, but after a bit of a chat with Frank and having a read up I decided not to, so I got a 100 American Eagles to use on the day.

Most impressive things (for all the wrong reasons!) are the .50 cal's - mental guns, fun to watch but I wouldn't want own one or use one for that matter.

Here is the range, it is impossible to see clearly in this picture, but if you look hard you can see 3 white targets at about the 11 o'clock postion, ther are a full 830 metres away, there is a figure 11 target underneath them as well. They use ETR(?) targets which fall down when you hit them and spring back up a second or so later. The orange markers are to let the .50 boys not to shoot either side of those points.

HPIM0459__Large_.JPG

HPIM0469__Medium_.JPG

HPIM0458__Medium_.JPG

Edited by stuartp

Impressive looking set up their Stuart. :unsure:

You did well by all accounts?

Did you get any grouping done at all?

How far is that target the nearest to you? At a guess id say 100yds? :good:

Cant beet the uld CZ ha? :oops:

I will be sticking with the American eagle Hp and will use them for foxes from now on. :blink:

Impressive looking set up their Stuart. :unsure:

You did well by all accounts?

Did you get any grouping done at all?

How far is that target the nearest to you? At a guess id say 100yds? :good:

Cant beet the uld CZ ha? :D

I will be sticking with the American eagle Hp and will use them for foxes from now on. :oops:

It is a funny setup Frank.

The white board nearest is 100 yards, but that belonged to someone doing zeroing, so you just shoot the fig 11's - you either hit them ot you don't!

So the short answer is, no I didn't do any grouping, just messing about.

I will be going to Bisley soon to do that :blink:

I thought it was a wind up when you said there were targets at 11. But sure enough they are there. Jesus thats a long way. :good:

They are not alot easier to see when you are there mate!

They are dotted all over the place so you have have a bit of scan round before you get going.

I am sifting through the pics as I don't like sticking peoples faces up without their say so...

Stuart that stock is looking rather nice mate. :unsure:

Cheers fella, wait 'til you se the next one :blink:

If I can't flog it that is...

Edited by stuartp

Frank,

They cost about £3k I believe, the ammo is over £2 a shot, and they normally have 1,000+ scopes to make sense of the ranges they shoot at.

(I am struggling with this new forum quote setup at the moment :good: )

nice looking setup there

that stock does look lovely, what sort of linseed oil did you use?

Just plain boiled linseed oil Nick, then some CCL stock oil and a bit of stock wax to seal it.

It looks better outside as it is very dark, I need to tinker with it though as I floated the action and I get a few missfeeds from the mag now :unsure:

Missiles!

HPIM0465__Medium_.JPG

Frank,

They cost about £3k I believe, the ammo is over £2 a shot, and they normally have 1,000+ scopes to make sense of the ranges they shoot at.

No Stuart, :unsure: , i ment the bench rest itself that its on, i have no interest, like yourself, in the .50.

Sorry, prehaps i should of made it more clear. :good:

Frank,

No Stuart, :oops: , i ment the bench rest itself that its on, i have no interest, like yourself, in the .50.

Sorry, prehaps i should of made it more clear. :good:

About 20 quid from B&Q + a G Clamp!! :D:D (bit cheaper than the gun)

As for bit betwen the workmate and the gun, I have absolutely no idea Frank

:D

As I seem incapable of working out how to add a new reply, to one of my own posts I will just keep uploading pics here :unsure:

Another REAL gun...

I took me about 10 pictures, but I got there in the end, see if you can see the muzzle flash coming out of this gun :blink:

(please don't ask me what the gun or calibre is I don't know)

HPIM0471__Medium_.JPG

HPIM0461__Medium_.JPG

Edited by stuartp

Frank,

About 20 quid from B&Q + a G Clamp!! :blink: :oops: (bit cheaper than the gun)

As for bit betwen the workmate and the gun, I have absolutely no idea Frank

:D

Another REAL gun...

(please don't ask me what the gun or calibre is I don't know)

Thanks Stuart. :D

The rifle in question, looks like a M1 Garande( i think thats how you spell it :good: )

Great pics Stuart, you have really captured the atmosphere mate. :unsure:

Stuart

Has the chap with the .50 managed to set fire to that tree yet ? :unsure: :blink: :oops:

Looks a good spot mate ...............That stock looks a peach as well :good:

Now I don't want you and Frank liking them American Eagles in Hollow point too much and buying all the stock ................I wished i'd have kept quiet about them :D

Stuart

Has the chap with the .50 managed to set fire to that tree yet ? :good::good::D

Looks a good spot mate ...............That stock looks a peach as well B)

Now I don't want you and Frank liking them American Eagles in Hollow point too much and buying all the stock ................I wished i'd have kept quiet about them :)

:o :o I tried them a while back Ive as my mate with Ar15 rated them, he got me some in 62grn and they were awfull in my gun (in fact I gave him the rest back at the weekend) but I have to say I like the 55 FMJ's it has given the confidence to get the hollow points again but in 55grn this time and give up the Federal Ballistic tip addiction.

I was next to a guy with .50 with a muzzle break, obviously(!) and the bloody thing hurt my guts everytime he fired it :good: they try and bunch them up at one end so they can torture each other but as it was busy he ended up with us. Makes the .223 seem quiet even without the mod..

Edited by stuartp

In your photo of the .50 ammo what are the red tips? ................Surely there not nosler BT's B)

Tracer :good::good:

I wish I had a video of that being shot, unbelievable...

It goes about 1,000 yards, the tracer lights up at about 100 or so, when the bullet hits the ground it veres off still glowing at about 45 degrees!! You need LOTS of space to fire these things (bit of a **** extension thing if you ask me :good: but, each to their own I guess...)