Browning or Miroku

Sprocket

I have the choice of a Miroku MK70 M/C 30 inch OR a Browning 525 Elite 1/4 1/2 choke 28 inch.

Both are in excellent condition, will be mainly used on pidgeons /Beaters day etc.

Browning is more expensive but feels nicer, both are 20g - which would be best choice?

Has anyone used either of these?

I have the Miroku 12 Gauge sporter fantastic gun, Build quality is going to be the same i would say its personal preference you might find one fits a tiny bit better than the other. or one has a better piece of wood. Either way your in for a good gun.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck

Kind regards Tristram

Hinksford

I am drawn towards the Browning, the gunsmith has lent me both guns -so will fire a few catridges through each tomorrow.

Is yours a fixed choke? if so how old is it as I am trying to identify what model mine is. Mine is fixed choke but I understand that some elites are M/Choke?

I have a Miroku MK70 Sporter in 12g, 30" barrels, Multi choke, grade 1.

Nice gun, identical action to the Browning 525, have compared it side by side (excuse the pun) to two, and the differences are really only in the finishing and the wood, I'd say the stocks on the Brownings were slightly longer, and fuller.

Mine is grade 1 with average oiled wood, have seen higher grade brownings with varnished wood, not very nice.

Shoot both and see which you prefer, Like I said, appearance and fit may be slightly different but they'll be near identical.

Edited by Guest

The 525 doesnt have as much drop at heel as the miroku from memory. I also believe the miroku is 1/4" longer.

Try both for fit, ask someone to check the fit for you. They are different fitting guns, the actions are the same with slightly different engravings.

I have an MK70 Sporter and i love it, it does rust in the chambers like you wouldnt believe though.

As a side note all the GR1 mk70's ive seen have been varnished, sporter and game.

I shoot a grade 6 Browning 525 sporter and like it a lot. I have shot several different Miroku's and Browning's and generally the Brownings shoot higher and are slightly longer in the stock. It pays to shop around for the right wood on both makes. The quality varies a lot even in the same grade. It is a fairly straightforward job to have a polyurethane finish removed and oil and wax the gun if need be. A gunsmith will do it for around £100.

Either gun will make a first class purchase as they are from the same factory and quality control of a similar high standard.

Edited by Whitebridges

Thanks to all for comments.

I went to a clay ground today and fired both guns, for some unexplained reason I shot much better with the Miroku -which is also the cheaper gun!

Needless to say I have bought it -subject to stock lengthening.

Can't wait to get it back and try it on those pesky pidgeons!

Cheers Pete