shooting accident

Lez325

Very sad incident.....

But what were a 10 year old and a 12 year old doing playing with an air rifle with out strict supervision from an adult???

When will people leave behind the un-educated assumption that air rifles are not toys by any means, and children should deffinatly have no access to them un-supervised what so ever....

I take my girl friends younger brother who is 8 shooting air rifles,and gun safety is paramount, and drilled in constantly, he is now in the habit of checking safety is on constantly appart from when about to fire in a safe direction....

Edited by Killjoy

Very sad incident.....

But what were a 10 year old and a 12 year old doing playing with an air rifle with out strict supervision from an adult???

When will people leave behind the un-educated assumption that air rifles are not toys by any means, and children should deffinatly have no access to them un-supervised what so ever....

I take my girl friends younger brother who is 8 shooting air rifles,and gun safety is paramount, and drilled in constantly, he is now in the habit of checking safety is on constantly appart from when about to fire in a safe direction....

I knew this would come up, and to be honest I played with far more dangerous things at 10 and 12.

I knew this would come up, and to be honest I played with far more dangerous things at 10 and 12.

I agree with you there mate.

I started shooting with my granddads pump-action when I was 6, by the time I was 10 I did pest control on the farm on my own.

But I knew how to use the gun responsible and that safety came first no matter what.

I`ll rather not say what other things we got up to.

I will never put all the kids in the same boat, some kids are more responsible and more mature then others, in my experience kids from the Countryside know a lot more about live and it`s responsibility`s.

I am not saying that all kids should play with air-guns and that it`s safe to do so, it`s still a gun and could kill, but I know some kids I`ll rather give a gun to, then some adults I know!

Edited by Guinea Fowl