New reloading setup

I currently reload .223rem, .22-250 & .308 on a rather mis-matched setup that needs to be updated also as it's single stage it's time consuming so i want a new turret system to make things quicker as my wife hates me hiding in the study for hours.

I have narrowed it down to 2 systems it's either the lee loadall or the rcbs rockchucker turret press, anyone who has experience of these 2 let me know your thoughts.

I currently reload .223rem, .22-250 & .308 on a rather mis-matched setup that needs to be updated also as it's single stage it's time consuming so i want a new turret system to make things quicker as my wife hates me hiding in the study for hours.

I have narrowed it down to 2 systems it's either the lee loadall or the rcbs rockchucker turret press, anyone who has experience of these 2 let me know your thoughts.

I need to start reloading 22-250, so I might be able to take that horrible old stuff that you no longer need off you :yes::)

Sorry, but no advice on the kit, as I've not started reloading yet.

Edited by harfordwmj

your better sticking to a single stage press,as,auto indexing on a turet press is difficult with bottle necked rounds,the lee is made of die cast aluminium and is good for straight cases,i had one for 223,i finished up just buying ammo for that rifle as it was a ar15 and very choosey on ammo.but for the pistols 357 and 44 mag it was great

I would never use a turret press for reloading rifle ammo unless I was really desperate or a Prairie dog shooter with a 223.

Turret presses are not good with Big cases either where you need the leverage to FL size big brass.

Agreed. I don't think you will save much time and will end up spending a lot of money. Turret presses come into their own for pistol shooters or as Fister says prairie dog shooters but for the average Joe I reckon you are better off hanging on to what you have now and just organise your existing system better.

i had a lee 4 hole press but removed the auto indexing so that i could do a batch of x amount in whatever stage i decided

i now have a lyman turret press and its absolutely the ********!!!! its solid

i reload .25-06 using 270 & 30-06 brasses and i dont have any problem with the press doing these ....

dont have any concerns with accuracy either

sauer