drilled wheat

MerseaDavid

I went out today on a field that has not been shot in over a year and it has just been drilled with wheat and I thought I would have ago because I was working near the farm and had a couple of hours to spare.

When I turned up on the farm there was only a small handfull of pigeons on the field but I thought I would give it ago anyway. I went over to the main oakline where Dad and I have shot many big bags from.

I set out only 7 plastic decoys and as soon as I got into the hide a pigeon had already landed in the pattern :hmm: (it escaped) :lol:

But only a few seconds later another pair came in and were soon added to the pattern.

The pigeons came in constantly for the 1 1/2 hours that I was there and I finnished with 43 pigeons, 1 crow, and 1 dove for 52 shots.

warrens001.jpg

warrens002.jpg

warrens003.jpg

warrens004.jpg

Great shooting David..Nice pics too....Whats the acreage of your farm..You seem to have end-less pigeons shooting....Is all the land you shoot on your's???

the main farm we shoot is about 2500 acres, we shoot a smaller farm of 1500 acres, the farm i shot today is only 100 acres that a friend of mine owns + I some times get the chance to shoot the farm I work for which is just over 3000 acres.