Electronic ear defenders

tim123

Nick are those good for assessing the direction from which noise is coming?

I had some peltor sportacs last year but I got drunk and gave them away - a long story.

Anyhows, I now need some more and want something cheap and that will pick up noise from the direction which my face is pointing. Anyideas? Also the sub £50 price tag would be magic, especially if I get drunk and give them away again.

Cheers all.

Wear them backwards so the microphone is pointing forwards!

I was concerned about directional sound, but the Deben sub £50 ones are fine with that.

The sound quality is better than the LV Electronic ones I also have. In fact they amplify sound, so to a degree, you can hear more than without them.

I've only had Peltors in mono (ages old) and the sound quality was fine, but obviously not directional.

http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/SHOOT...Protection.html

I got the Deben ones above from UK Shoot Warehouse. They're rather good. The sound quality is very good, I get good directional sound and the stock does not knock. They feel quite robust but are not too heavy. I was told they have the same electronics as the more expensive Debens. So far so good...

I have these too, excellent sound and build quality. Great value at 50 notes.

Mungler, The Impacts are excellent, proper directional dual mics (and i have tried the Deben ones, which i really don't think are half as good).

If you're in the neighbourhood, pop round and have a try of them mate.

Edited by nickbeardo