First shooting vid

cooter

I just posted my first shooting video on U tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbTe5TXBZU

As I drove into the field they were just sat in the sun.

The one that ran off came back later, big mistake really. :yes:

The field has a bad case of mixy, which you can just see on the second rabbit shot (and the third one just sat there), and the farmer has asked me to clear the problem as far as possible.

My visitor is a real pleasure to watch.

Most of the time she just sits in the tree watching me, so getting her to land, and having the camcorder on as well, was a real bonus.

Nice video.

How did you manage to do the two 'shootings' at the same time? :yes:

I was sat in the jeep, and the camera was resting on the dash looking through the windscreen.

I have a pad which goes over the wing mirror, held in plce with rubber bands, and I rest the rifle on that.

The reason they all (well the three that were still with it) suddenly went alert is because I hadn't chambered a round when I went to take the first shot :huh: , so nice empty click woke them up, otherwise I guess I would have got all four in the vid.

You were really enjoying it at about 1.20 minutes :good:???

When there's more than one around for me, I shoot one and the others burger off :D

At the 120 mark, I had been holding my breath after not firing the first time, and I really wanted the fourth one to come back. :yes:

When you are using the HMR they don't run once you get over a certain distance, and at 100yds they don't even flinch.

To give some perspective I should have zoomed back after taking the shots (the old Sony has a 700 X zoom), but there is always next time (you live and learn). :huh:

To get an idea of distance, the buzzard is fully grown and stands at around 570mm, and the camera was fully zoomed out.