£250 budget for rats and pigeons

scrob

Hi guys,

I live on a farm which we converted into a golf course some time ago - this almost entirely rules out me using my shotgun and .22lr rifle for fear of disturbing the golfers.

I have been toying with the idea of adding an airrifle to my arsenal as they are quiet and a stray pellet won't be the end of the world in comparison with my .22lr! The only thing is that I don't have a huge budget; £250 - £300 max would be about the height of it - though I don't mind buying second hand.

My main quarry would probably be static pigeons, magpies, crows, rabbits, and if I can figure out how to sight them, RATS.

I obviously already have a Firearms Certificate so I want something powerful.

What can you suggest? I have only ever shot an ancient spring loaded air rifle before, so I have no experience with modern versions at all, be it spring loaded or gas charged.

I have seen lots of posts of Weihrauch, Air Arms, BSA etc but I'm just not really sure where to start!

Cheers,

Rob

Hezbear comment is on the money .

bsa scorpion aswell.

or go for a hw spring gun,as your fac, you could respring a hw97 or 80 ,and take it over 12ft.(would declare it still and make it appear on cert)

It depends if you really want spring ,pcp,or gas ram.

take a look at theoben if you want gas ram.

Lots of choice out there ,i would go second hand top end gun ,rather than budget new gun.remember you need to get air into the pcp some how.bottle and pumps will hit your budget.

good luck

scott

I'm in Northern Ireland, our rules are a bit different to GB in that we need a FAC to carry any air rifle regardless of power.

I would quite like a charged gun, but didn't know if my budget would be working against me? I should have no problem picking up an old diving cylinder, but would I be able to buy a powerful enough gun at that money?

To be honest mate you dont need an fac air rifle for shooting rats and pigeons around farm buildings. hell, you dont even need a 9ftib air rifle if your only shooting rats and pigeons. i would go for a weirhauch spring gun in you situation or if you want a PCP then an Air arms s200. heres a couple of good ones in the for sale section:

hw77

hw90(removethebipod)

s200(goodprice)