Mincer required

ollie

well guys although I like the casseroles I make outa my rabbits I am interested in being able to make bunny burgers and sausages to add a bit of variation to the diet. So really I'm looking for some advice on a meat mincer, not looking for something too expensive as I wouldn't get the use out of it. I'm aware that ebay has a lot of mincers but I was hoping that you guys would be able to provide some advice. Cheers.

For @ £30 you may get a Lidl mincer and they are good for the money, they have a sausage stuffing tube(not to good but adequate for a few pounds of bangers)

Saw them advertised before but don't think you can pick them up unless they are in promotion with Lidl. Any idea where I could pick one up?

Breastman, I was just waiting on someone coming off with a smart comment like that, knew it would happen as soon as I wrote the topic. :yes:

if yer just wanting something for odd batch o mince here and there lidls mincer is a good deal

they are only in every so often so keep yer eyes open....usually get a flyer in the shop telling you whats on deals week after

seriously tho dont just use a food processor ....i used to then got an electric mincer and thank christ what a difference.....food processor just aint the same

so lidls or ebay

sauer

www.Weschenfelder.co.uk

I have a Stainless Steel Classic 10 from these guys. Been using it for a quite some time now and it works a treat and is easy to clean properly. I have a Kenwood Titanium, and bought the accessories to use as a mincer stuffer. It didnt do what it said on the tin, so I went back to manual tools.

As with all mincers, they dont work too well to stuff the cases, so I bought a 5 ltr vertical stuffer from ebay. Its a real treat to use.

Weschenfelder do a great range of seasonings, rusks, cases etc.

Last weekend I did a 5 kilo batch of bangers, start to finish took me 1 1/2 hours, thats from preping the meat to putting them bagged up into the freezer.

totally agree

thew mincers are not much cope with making sausages

i bought my vertical sausage stuffer from buswear ...BRILLIANT BIT O KIT

vacuum packed and in the freezervenison with new yourker spicy mix .....bloody ace!!!

vennysausages.jpg

sauer

yeah dunnoe if vacuum packing them helps but they dont seem to resemble unidentifiable lumps of ice they freeze well.

i usesticky labels also and black marker so i know whats what and its dated so i put nw stuff on bottom of freezer an older stuff on top for immediate use

simple and effective and labels and pens cost pennies.

dunnoe what make vacuum packer is but it was cheap (30 quid) mate brought it back from germany for me

but i believe Lidls do a cheap one every so often mine would be similar grade.

i also just use tescos own freezer bags nowt fancy and they come in small medium n large.

hope this helps

sauer

Your posting prompted me to have a good look around and Weschenfelder sell the cheapest machine I can find at £112. They claim that it can preserve meat for longer in the refrigerator and prevents freezer burn etc., I say "claim" but I guess it must do otherwise 100's of butchers wouldn't be using them.

Guess that my next purchase then....... unless I can find one cheaper on fleabay.

Made a decent batch of bangers last weekend - going looking for some ingredients this weekend for Firework Night Bunny Burgers.

minced pheasant with drop of pork belly to stop dryness..and 4 or 5 apples cored and mushed in food processor with drop o garlic and paprika

pheasant n apple sausages

or

minced rabbit with pork belly again for same reason ( dryness )

chillis garlic n paprika

bunny sausages

for any sausages i make i always use approx 1lb or 500grams ish o pork belly to 5lbs or 2n a bit kilo o meat be it vension pheasant or rabbit

sauer

Cheers for that pyr8, I'm always missing bargains at Lidl and Aldi but for some reason I never thought of that

:good:

goggle lidl and sign up for there mail shots.you will get 2 mailshots to your email ever week.you get a plenty of notice for any offers that are coming up.