application help

X LeErOy X

There are people who will argue for .22 and .17 - if you search this site you will find advocates of both - not an easy question

You really must remember to put in for a moderator on your form as it counts as a firearm in itself.

As for the ammo question - 250 to own and 200 to buy is a reasonable amount - you can always get a variation to up it later if you really have to.

Also you want to be able to use expanding ammunition but any good FEO would know that and put that on anyway.

Best of luck! :whistling:

As above do not specify if you want a bolt or semi, just put .22 rimfire.

I would apply for both .22 and .17hmr, therefore saving you a variation at a later date. Get the land cleared for .22 and it will then cover the use of a .17hmr on it.

Gibby

Edited by gibby

i have to get a letter of the land owner to state it is ok to shoot on his land .

i have been told you have to state what caliba rifle you want.

do i want a 17 or 22 rimfire?

and do i have to state what kind of rimfire or just put 22 rimfire on the letter :whistling:

You could put both, different tools for different jobs, cant hurt.

You dont have to specify semi or bolt until you fill the slot.

As said put moderator for each calibre.

Ammo wise, i asked for keep 1000, buy 500. Got keep 600, buy 500, but still put that you want expanding ammo just to be on the safe side

good luck,

shaun

I put in for ammo, buy 500 hold 600 rounds and they accepted that with no questions asked. If you choose the .17hmr i recommend the CZ452/453 american or varmint. I got the American style and for the money it the biz, light, accurate and easy to maintain. I use Hornady 17/20 grain v max ammo. and up to 200yrds its pretty much lethal on small quarry, squirrels, rabbits eta. I put both calibers on my aplication form as well as the moderator. Some FAO's will let you have the both, Gwent police dont like doing that, hence my only having one rifle. As said before in earlier posts, theres pros and con for both calibers, but my personal choice for recommendation is the .17hmr. What ever you choose, i hope you plenty of success with it. All best :whistling::good:

Gareth