Gun Cabinet Trouble

Ashbiker

Following inspection by the 2 local firearms officers today, I was told that I need to reinstall my (very heavy) 7 gun cabinet (one of those which looks like a normal cupboard and has the steel cabinet within) as due to the skirting, it leaves a cm between the wall and the cabinet even after 4 bolts were screwed in very tightly! I was told my gun (I only have one) shall be confiscated if I don't do this withen 3-4 weeks!

Anyone else had similar issues?

Edited by Ashbiker

Yes. I've got a 5 gun cabinet and I installed it without removing skirting. Left gap the same as you. I had to fit a bead all the way around to stop 'the insertion of a jemmy'. As if a jemmy wouldn't get through a 1/2 inch of pine beading! I'd like to see a prospective thief get through six 13mm bolts drilled into solid concrete.

Hi guys

the girlfriend works in a sawmill, i got her to ask one of the lads to cut two squares of wood that sits infront of the skirting but is high enough to lift the cabinet above as so it slide back over the top of the skirt flush with the wall. Once bolted it in, its as tight as hell and the blocks are in solid. Absolutely fine with the FLO.

Hi guys

the girlfriend works in a sawmill, i got her to ask one of the lads to cut two squares of wood that sits infront of the skirting but is high enough to lift the cabinet above as so it slide back over the top of the skirt flush with the wall. Once bolted it in, its as tight as hell and the blocks are in solid. Absolutely fine with the FLO.

I did the same as I didn't fancy taking a chunk out of my skirting. FEO was happy and my cert was issued.

What does it matter what any one else's experience is? If that's what your FEO had told you to do, Do it. Or don't. Your call, he has informed you of the consequences, and given you a time frame. The Bolts are already in the wall, erego your deposit is already lost, don't see the problem myself