off to do some decoying

matt101

im going out decoying with a mate now the farmer said that his crops are getting hit so we are going to see what happens. i have no idea what crop it is cause im not the one whos spoken to the farmer but i know that he has wheat , barley and rape so its a bit of a "make it up as you go alonfg day.

ill try and post some pics

went out at eight and had a drive round the fields to see if there were any pigeons and it was completely dead in all the fields except one which had a few flying around but not many.

there was a bit of a flight line and we set up.

anyway, we only saw about 15 birds and i shot 1 cause all the others were setting the wings then pulling out just before they were in range.

it was a bit disapointing but better than sitting at home doing nothing.im going to go back tomorrow to see if i cant get a better bag.

cheers

matt

Matt,my day was pretty much the same.I shot the same field last week and had 38.The way i look at it is we are there to do a job,keep the birds off the fields.Keep plugging at it and the farmer will ask you to come again.I think too many people want to go out and have big bags every time,if i have a couple of good shots i go home happy :/

Have a thought for me boys, I get nothing out here apart from reading all your posts, what I'd give for a day when the're difficult to decoy!! Not to worry I'll be home on the 17th Aug for 13 days and expect to shoot about every day!!, I hope all my land ia availiable!!!

Cheers

Hammy