What gun to buy?

teel9964

Hello, only new to the forum but have been onlooking for some time now and there is some very valid information. To the point: I have a beretta 303 for the the last 2 years, use it mainly for clays but have recently been going over the fields with it. However, it is not the most comfortable gun to be carrying all day and some fellow shooters dont feel too comfortable around it either. So, i have decided to buy myself a o/u, but am totally unsure as to what gun to buy. Your advice required. I like berreta etc. for the quality, but obviuosly they are a bit pricey. I dont mind spending £500 or so on a gun, i would prefer multi choke and a good quality second hand gun rather that a newer lower quality. Any suggestiosn as to what gun i could get with my money??

Many thanks in advance.

alot of field sports don't really like semi auto's don't even try to go on a game shoot with one its a definate no no most game shoots don't allow them, pigeon shooters still like them though maybe cause they can hold 3 shots, it's because you can't see if there broken so safety is paramount shooters never know if there maybe one still left in a semi. most nice second hand brownings, beretta's, winchesters it depends on what guns you like try a few out before buying i have a browing cynergy sporter best gun i have ever bought but pricey.

For my two penneth with £500 as a budget I would have a look at a Winchester 101 XTR sporting or field multichoke.

Should get a good one for that money or a little over and a lovely gun, spot on budget. - that would be my choice for £500.

Edited by Dibs

depends on what the gun is used for , if its a cross over for clays and field, id go for a s/h browning or berretta o/u all day long. i myself have just dished out pennys for a new browning 525 (me being a tight **** thats saying something) but i have an old gun for walked up rough shooting 85 pound special baikal sxside 1/4 and full chokes which is suprisingly light !!!!! dare i say it and a doddle to carry about all day long and i have no qualms about dropping it or getting it wet at all ! handy electric fence scaleing tool too :)i love using it as i dont have to think about looking after it at all and just enjoy the shooting.. i keep the semi for decoying nowadays as it fits the task perfectly.