Semi/Auto shotgun

pavman

Gents,

A few of my better off pals are moving onto semi auto’s, 3 shot 3 1/2m inch cartridge very useful tool for wildfowling, likes of the Beratta Xtrema, the new Franchi Weather-coat etc, given that some are composite type stock ideal for those wet days on the foreshore, with an extra shot for those of us who miss with the first two! They all seem to come out with a 14 ½ inch stock from trigger to butt or recoil pad, as my arms are a little on the short side I tend to over reach and whilst I would like to move onto such a gun, I have not seen any info as to a shorter stock length of 13 ½ inch, any ideas would be appreciated.

Pavman

Haven't done it myself but they look very easy to shorten.

Some semi's come with spacers to allow you add stock length, so shortening the stock should just the opposite - if you see what I mean!

The only danger would be reducing the drop at heel, so you would have to be carefull.

Hi Paulos

fabarm lion synthetic, how are you getting on with it & do you have 3.5 inch chambers?

I have asked my local gunsmith and he has advised that to shorten a synthetic stock is not a job he would undertake and will reduce the re sale value, Wooden stock no probs, but to be honest I cringe when I get the salty water on the wood (even on a cheapy) and did not realise that stock length would be such a problem with a new semi auto, I also think that to squeeze ½ inch would not be enough, like mark says you also have to consider winter clothing .

pavman

my beretta pintail i cut off about 10mm from the stock its not such a big deal what is important is that you know your measurment and that you need a band saw to do it ,i went to a carpenter friend of mine and did it my self marked it with masking tape before and cut it myself it came fantastic for me . just make sure you know your measurment :rolleyes: