hw80

radio1ham

hello everyone

i just recently purchased an hw80 and have never owned one of these airguns which i got for a fair price

was just wondering what you folk thought of them had it for a few days now but with the **** weather never had

a chance to get out with it yet it came with a hawk 3-9*40 scope mildot

and also a silencer (moderator) wood isnt to bad but barrel could do with blueing

also the barrel had been cut aswell

i think this was done so it would fit in a gun bag with the silencer on it, but apart from that all seems ok

so any opinions you have il be pleased to hear them

what these guns work like etc

thanks again all

Cracking bits of kit mate. Not really made for 12ft/lbs as they run better at fac levels of power. Don't worry about the barrel being chopped (aslong as it has had its crown done properly) I had one chopped to 12" and it increased power :-( had to lop loads of the spring. The rifle will be as accurate as your technique allows as they can be a bit fiesty on firing. So unless you have a tuned one it may be a handfull. Will last you a lifetime matey aswell. Go shoot it and have some fun ! I'd take a rain mak though its cattus doggus here.

exellent rifle, they have been around for a very long time, and are sort after still by many, I wish i had never sold mine. I paid £89 for mine new.

I can highly reccomend having it tuned and the barrell checked by a reputable gun smith to improve its shooting capabilities, if you got it at a good price then it will be well worth it, not only for the looks but also for its value.

I should'nt worry too much about the mod on a springer it doesnt in my opinion make enough difference to warrant the added weight and length.

Try it for yourself and see.

thanks for the replys chaps well il have to get out to try it out

i have my fac aswell so if i decide to tune it il have it added on there aswell

but im sure il have a bit fun with it aswell plinking aswell as using it for rabbiting

but i did check to see how much they were selling for on guntrader and i was supprised aswell

so i think i got it for a good fair price

just wish the weather would sort it self out as it gets fairly wet when it rains up in northumberland

thanks again chaps for your replys