Had a nice pm from fellow member benelli montefel

Well, this guy certainly shoots a lot of pigeons, if he is to be believed. :lol:

He says he doesn't shoot much in the Summer, yet still shoots between 5000 and 8000 pigeons a year, but then again only shoots five days a week, and also ferrets loads of rabbits, my goodness, he's a busy boy..!! :lol:

Cat.

Let's do a little maths. Shooting winter and spring, let's say 8 months = 32 weeks. At 5 days a week that equals 160 shooting days. An average of between 5000 and 8000 pigeons is 6,500 pigeons. So a 160 days to shoot 6,500 pigeons averages at 40 pigeons a day. Or if you get nothing today you have to shoot 80 tomorrow.

If we say winter and spring is nine months long, which gives a bit more time, that brings the daily average down to 36. A much more handleable figure.

All said in the best possible taste ... I'm only doing sums. Please note that I have not said anything derogatory ... just following the thread.

Heladoxa

I am not getting into a bun fight over how many birds rabbits I shot .

I am geninue guy who shot geninue birds and have alot of access due to my former jobs in agriculture .

I would post some pictures but I am not totally upto date with on how to down size pictures but will do soon.

And one of the reasons I have alot to shot is I make no bones about I keep myself to myself .

I was thinking of getting to know some of you guys better but some of your comments are harsh and genrally unfriendly.

I will rise above this and still like to meet and for us to share our storys and maybe share some shooting.

I would also like to ad that I have witnessed many forum agreements etc but with a shooting forum we must remember.

We share a common intrest and I would like offer my help and gain knowledge myself from others.

And if dont unite we could in the end lossing the right to shoot .

Ps some of you could do with reading my profile.

All the very best over the hill

Edited by Over the hill

You're right Over he Hill. Let's put all this **** away. Would like to say come for a drink, but your profile does not say where you are. Fascinated by long lining, but never been able to give it a go. Always wanted a ferret, a brindle (?) for preference, but that never happened either. Getting too old to dig ferrets out anyway. If I bought one I can guarantee that its blood-line would come from a long line of stay-under-grounders.

PM me if you like, it will get through, but not able to reply for two weeks. Computer being serviced.

Genuinely

With kind regards

Heladoxa

You're right Over he Hill. Let's put all this **** away. Would like to say come for a drink, but your profile does not say where you are. Fascinated by long lining, but never been able to give it a go. Always wanted a ferret, a brindle (?) for preference, but that never happened either. Getting too old to dig ferrets out anyway. If I bought one I can guarantee that its blood-line would come from a long line of stay-under-grounders.

PM me if you like, it will get through, but not able to reply for two weeks. Computer being serviced.

Genuinely

With kind regards

Heladoxa

there you go. look what happens when you sleep on things and see it the next morning. good effort for making amends. :lol:

I am not getting into a bun fight over how many birds rabbits I shot .

I am geninue guy who shot geninue birds and have alot of access due to my former jobs in agriculture .

I would post some pictures but I am not totally upto date with on how to down size pictures but will do soon.

And one of the reasons I have alot to shot is I make no bones about I keep myself to myself .

I was thinking of getting to know some of you guys better but some of your comments are harsh and genrally unfriendly.

I will rise above this and still like to meet and for us to share our storys and maybe share some shooting.

I would also like to ad that I have witnessed many forum agreements etc but with a shooting forum we must remember.

We share a common intrest and I would like offer my help and gain knowledge myself from others.

And if dont unite we could in the end lossing the right to shoot .

Ps some of you could do with reading my profile.

All the very best over the hill

Don't put too much stock behind a couple people making comments. It is an internet board and all are allowed here. Stick around and you'll find a few good guys, probably in your area.

Besides, if you ever felt the need to 'prove' how many birds you were shooting, you don't need a camera. You need a buddy. ;o)

Thanks,

Rick

Don't put too much stock behind a couple people making comments. It is an internet board and all are allowed here. Stick around and you'll find a few good guys, probably in your area.

Besides, if you ever felt the need to 'prove' how many birds you were shooting, you don't need a camera. You need a buddy. ;o)

Thanks,

Rick

Like me they’re probably jealous at all the shooting you’re able to get in! :lol:

There are quite a few people on here that are shooting pigeons through the week, for most of the year.

When you are doing the mathematics, remember that some weeks we can shoot 500+ birds over a few days.

Other weeks the bags may not be so good, especially during poor shooting weather.

6-8000 birds a year is not excessive if you are putting the time in.

There are quite a few people on here that are shooting pigeons through the week, for most of the year.

When you are doing the mathematics, remember that some weeks we can shoot 500+ birds over a few days.

Other weeks the bags may not be so good, especially during poor shooting weather.

6-8000 birds a year is not excessive if you are putting the time in.

Thanks for all your kind replys guys

I have had a few pms of the more pleasurable type .

Regards