Cartridges in Norfolk

Afternoon gents, seems there are a few of us from the norfolk area, just wondered where you were all getting your carts from and if you were getting reasonable prices?

I just popped in to PLG in taverham, they have a few different makes but not exactly cheap, also there range of fibre wads was very limited

I have also had eley firsts from nelsons, killed well but left so much lead up the spouts it was silly

So anywhere else local with reasonable prices?

Jay

nelsons have got clear pigeon in fibre, also rio, and kent velocity clay loads. see you got some nasty deposits up your flue, serves you right for using cheap clay loads for pigeon. lol

Not on pigeons GRAM , found them especially bad in the warm weather, had a 150 bird day out at high lodge in the summer, i have a pic somewhere i will put up of all the lead i had to scrape out with the spring! If only it had some scrap value :(

failing that how about cooper sports in woodbastwick? he reckons he's got everything!

As long as its Eley First in 7's........ :)

I found you have to fit around the shot sizes he has in. Churchills, Hull Comp X about £37 for 250. Never had an occasion when they didn't have the size I wanted and seem a lot cleaner cartridge with less recoil.

Would buy them from Nelsons but sadly they don't stock Hull.

Dan

Edited by reddan

Afternoon gents, seems there are a few of us from the norfolk area, just wondered where you were all getting your carts from and if you were getting reasonable prices?

I just popped in to PLG in taverham, they have a few different makes but not exactly cheap, also there range of fibre wads was very limited

I have also had eley firsts from nelsons, killed well but left so much lead up the spouts it was silly

So anywhere else local with reasonable prices?

Jay

Where's PLG Fatjay?

Where's PLG Fatjay?

they're just off the fakenham rd,head out of taverham, take the last right towards felthorpe, about 3/4 mile on the right :good:

Sorry jay, when you said they killed well i kinda assumed you meant pigeons, got some rios in nelsons, 7.5's - 9's, good fast cartridge.

also, if you were up that way why dont you pop into deighton hills, he stocks hull cartridge..

also, if you were up that way why dont you pop into deighton hills, he stocks hull cartridge..

Oh I didn't know that, you mean midnorfolk? I live just round the corner and have been driving to dereham everytime I need some. Any idea what price they do them for?

Dan

Oh I didn't know that, you mean midnorfolk? I live just round the corner and have been driving to dereham everytime I need some. Any idea what price they do them for?

Dan

Just bare in mind they are only open Wed-Fri 1000-1600 - which is pretty much **** all help to the working man!

its on the same road as taverham garden center, if your going down the road so the garden center is on your left, PGL is down on the right about 200 yards past the garden center

Its on Fircovet road, in taverham

they're just off the fakenham rd,head out of taverham, take the last right towards felthorpe, about 3/4 mile on the right :D

Thanks guys,

I didn't realise I had somewhere so close - besides Mid Norfolk :yes:

Tom